Chapter Thirty-Four

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: HURT

I didn't grasp that desire and duty could rival each other, least of all that they most often did.
-Susan Choi

Jasper's actually going to spar with me.

The timing might be a little shitty, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for it.

Honestly, Fly talking about how better he's doing since he moved in with Scarlette distracted me. He moved out of his mom's house in the middle of Senior year, but into a pretty small apartment.

Scar didn't like that.

But it was better than the alternative, because in Flynn's mind, living with Scarlette wasn't an option for some reason.

He's an idiot, that's all I know.

When Jasper and Axel kept getting closer together, although they were arguing, it caught my attention so I jogged over to them.

The musician said he's fighting Axel- -who I already beat in a fight- -to make sure he can fight me without hurting me too.

I don't understand the thought, but I appreciate the effort.

Besides, chances are I'll end up fighting with Fly -we used to spar all the time before practice and on days he needed to do something to distract himself, or me for the same reason.

"I didn't expect you to use that mammoth size body of yours and push me." Is the first thing I heard that idiot Axel say all while collapsed back onto the ground.

My boyfriend just shrugs, a half smirk on his face. "That's like, really not my problem."

"Loser," Axel calls him, pushing himself up to stand. "Fight me!"

I'll fight him again, just for being stupid.

But Jasper, who straightens out, making my eyesight become nothing more than his shoulders, seems to have this covered.

Axel laughs nervously. "I forgot," He clears his throat, obviously nervous. "That you were that tall."

Jasper scoffs, "You just made a comment about me being a mammoth."

Hearing this, I flip Axel off.

"Have you looked in a mirror, my man?" The stupid D'Silvetta does a weird bow and twirl just to blow me a fucking kiss, to which I flip him off again. This is the only one Jasper sees. "You're very large, in all the right places."

First of all, Jasper's a virgin so that leads me to my second point, the only person that should ever know that is me.

Nyx, without pause, slapped the back of her best friend's head and dragged his head down to her height by his ear, Axel yelping the entire time, "Quit it, A, or I will make you sterile, you know Jazz gets anxious when you talk like that!"

The two go back and forth with each other until Axel ends up apologizing to Jasper, who just makes a face back at him.

Flynn tugs on my arm right above the wrap, making me turn up to him with a raised eyebrow. I'm not sure how he noticed I even had that, or something happened, but clearly he does so I do.

It was an accident.

He sighs in relief, raising his eyebrow back at me and glancing at Jasper.

Because I've never had to tell him that before, I actually end up saying out loud "I told him everything." which makes Fly grin, high fiving me.