Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: BITE

I cannot rest, I must draw, however poor the result, and when I have a bad time come over me it is a stronger desire than ever. 
-Beatrix Potter

Think fast, I tell myself, glancing from the tube to my hand fisted in Max's hair painfully then over to Jasper.

"I only invited one of them." I end up blurting, receiving a hurt whine from Max, which I ignore.

"Yeah, you fuckhead, you did!" Circe scoffs, smacking me on the head with the tube again, making me growl and try to take it from her but she glares at me and tugs it closer to her chest. "I'm your twin, you annoying little shit, you have to invite me before you invite my girlfriend."

"No," I point at Noelle. "I only have to invite you, if I want you to come with us. This was supposed to be a just-Noel experience, you little rotten mango."

Then a voice chirps out "What an insult" with a half-laugh half-cackle in his voice. "Reminds me of when Potato Queen tries to insult you by calling you a meanie, Daddy."

Hearing this honestly makes me think for a second if Circe smacked me one too many times on the head.

"For the last fucking time," Another deep voice growls out. "Stop calling me that, you shithead."

"Make me you giant trash panda looking ass." The same dumb voice replies.

I block out the voices as Max's arms wrap around my hips and he face plants into my waist, making me elbow him in the shoulder but have to block both the plastic tube from hitting me and the grapes that Noelle found from hitting me.

I didn't even know we had grapes -did she bring them?

What a chaotic, lesbian, mess these two are.

Suddenly, the redhead's weight is pulled off me, surprising me just enough that Cece is able to get closer to me and make me stumble back with three good whacks right on the top of my head.

Oh I'm definitely getting revenge later.

Stupid twin.

I hear Noelle squeak, curse loudly, then say, "Sup?" This is right about when the cascade of grapes stop.

She doesn't stop on her own, so I can only assume someone, possibly Max however unlikely that is, made her.

Cece gets the jump on me when my shoulder bumps the wall and she tries to trip me but I just grab onto the tube and balance myself -which makes her try to tackle me.

Obviously that doesn't work.

So I have no choice but to curse her out while trying to wrestle the tube away from her and pin her at the same time.

Without warning, she's pulled at the middle and slung over Jasper's shoulders, I'm not given any time to really comprehend the shift before he's slinging me over his other shoulder and taking the tube from Cece.

Narrowing my eyes at my twin as she flips me off, I flip her off right back, making her glare at me, about to chew me out- -us too busy insulting each other to question being thrown over the giant's shoulder- -when Jasper dips down again and drops us down on the kitchen floor.

I can only blink and think, what the fuck.

"Sorry." Jasper mumbles awkwardly, hands fiddling against his chest as his head tilts to the side.

This entices Max to whisper "He looks like a puppy." to Noelle, who nods in agreement.

"I just, um, don't like fighting? And you guys w-were a, were a surprise? So am I, I think? Sorry. I didn't mean to scare any of you."