Parallel [Han C.]

[A/n: I present to y'all, a shitty chapter. I seriously don't know what to write for Choi Han anymore. Goodness, Gracious.]

The pouring of rain showed no sign of ending. The scary aura usually felt within the Forest of Darkness felt a lot more... sad, dreary, and gloomy.   It felt like the liquid droplets bore the same sorrow Choi Han has. It was only a few weeks from when he was transported into this unknown place, yet it felt like years already passed for him. His stomach churned in hunger as he embraced himself to the unknown. The wallet given to him which held the pictures of the people he loves is missing. Nothing was familiar, everything was unknown to him, now. Only his name remains. 

'Choi Han'  he traces.

He repeats his name, again and again, begging to not forget his last memory of the place he was from. 

Again and again.

He always tries to remember the Korean characters used in writing his name. The last memento.

Being the weakest existence within the forbidden land, he was used to everything at this point. He hid from those cruel monsters. He learned, learned, and learned.  He tries to forget all those memories kept within his heart.

He suffered in silence. 

All alone.

No one to go to.

No one to listen.

However, just as much as he wants to forget, he wants to remember.

His memory is biased.

He was just a teenager. A stupid high schooler who only dreamt of helping his family,  and eventually start his own.

Never in his life did he expect to travel between dimensions, and become prey to all those mutated monsters and the weakest existence.

And then he asks,

'Am I still worthy of living?'

'Why am I still resisting?'

'Is there anyone waiting for me?'

He tries to recall the faces of his family members. The parents who took care of him - his immediate family, and the extended ones. Even those he treated as sworn siblings. Friends he could rely on, and -

His muse.

He never met her officially. He only knew her name, age, and what she looked like. 

He only stared at her from afar, never daring to break the silence she has. The only time she talks is with her friends, and he isn't considered a friend thus he never does talk to her. Her voice that was smooth and soothing, was rarely heard. And for once, he hopes he heard it directed towards him.

What a stupid bastard he really is.

He's in crisis and all he can think about is his nonexistent love life.

If he met her...

If he had the courage to talk to her...

Just what-

There's no use in thinking about 'what ifs'. For now, he should focus on surviving this living nightmare he is in.

Parallel: Lines that were never meant to meet.