Tangent [Rok Soo K.]

Cale Henituse, no, Kim Rok Soo fainted once more. Even with a fixed plate, his body was still a fragile glass. And it seems his dreams haven't stopped yet.

"L/n Y/n—"

His heart thumped at this specific memory.

"Y/n..."

This was fifteen years ago, as Kim Rok Soo. Before everything turned into chaos, Kim Rok Soo, had a lover—well no, not exactly a lover.

She was an enigma to him. A puzzle he was incapable of solving.

He clutched his chest, what he was feeling at this moment was worse than when he overuses his powers. It felt like he couldn't breath.

He admires her, yes. But he never had the courage to approach her.

'Are you trying to sacrifice yourself?'

The voice of the earth attribute ancient power's former owner, vibrated and resonated in his clear mind. He did not remember why he fainted but one thing is for sure. He needed to go back to his reality, soon.

'Are you leaving me again?'

He could feel his tattered body shaking, as her familiar voice became louder.

'Are you?'

Ah, it was back to the first time they met. The stranger he couldn't help but save after fainting was mumbling within her sleep, while holding his hand.

The person within Cale Henituse's body, Kim Rok Soo could feel his detoriating mental health.

The dream then switched, transitioning into that of one of his horrible nightmares.

'First grade ability user, Kim Rok Soo...'

'Y/n...stop.'

'Please...stop.'

He could clearly recall her sullen face, trying to smile, as she slowly breathed.

'Rok Soo...smile?'

In the end, she died smiling. The usually stoic and emotionless face of his contorted into a tear-drenched one.

She died within his arms.

That was a memory he could remember even without his ability. His ability, record was a curse and a blessing. He could remember those he wants to, and forget like he has amnesia. But one thing was for certain, no matter how hard he tried to forget, he will always recall the death of those he cherished most, not only their death, but also the times they spent together.

The cobblestone's voice reached his ears once more.

Kim Rok Soo could feel his strenght forming back. His sagged body could be seen moving again.

That was the horrible past, he wanted to forget. But it was also the past he treasures most. However, right now, he isn't there, he isn't in the past. So, he would now focus on reality. He swears he'll be living his luxurious slacker life with his new family. He is in the present.

Tangent: Lines that had one chance to meet, then parted forever.