Asymptotes [Cale B.]

[A/n: A remake or more detailed version of <Tangent Cale B.> Inspired by, "An Immortal Falls In Love With The Same Soul, Over and Over Again." I recommend listening to it.]

Sometimes when I look in the mirror
I still see your face resting on my shoulder
And my heart beats so fast
That I start to feel alive again

Cale Barrow's heart thumped. Each beat becomes far more livelier than the others. His reflection staring right back at him in the mirror was that of a young man. A tired young man who already faced all dangers in life. Well, this was the path he chose, after all. There's no use in regretting it now.

His red hair was dishevelled. Eyes distraught. His mind was astray. The reflection staring straight at him led his mind into creating illusions. Delusional was a term, perfect to describe him at the moment.

On his shoulder was a female leaning on him. Of course it was just an illusion created by his longing mind. The her that he loves with all his heart has already faded into nothingness.

And the rain, it washes away all the pain
'Cause it feels like the sound of your voice
And I'm comforted by the sweet smells of dew
Because the sunrise reminds me of you

His tears stream down his cheeks like the rain outside. The lulling sound it brought alongside it makes him sleepy, and dreary. The gentle sound of her voice was like the falling of water. Smooth and lulling. Like an angel singing a lullaby making it easier to fall asleep to.

He opens his eyes to a brand new day. Sunrise greets him and his mind finds ways on how to make him believe it was like how morning greets him with her by his side.

And I'll always find you, again and again
And I'll love every version of you
And you're never truly gone
As long as a part of you in me lives on

With the curse of reincarnation, from the broken vow of death, Cale Barrow-now, White Star, faces each day longing, longing for something he can't have again.

Thus, he went out of his way just to keep on avoiding. Trying to let her live without his being affecting her, nor letting her know of his very existence.

Each life always led into finding her, again and again. But with no way of truly caring for someone, with no way of loving, appreciating-his heart betrays his mind and there she goes again. Lifeless, cold. Her body dies, as usual.

He reincarnates. She reincarnates. He meets her. She dies.

It was an endless process. Something he deeply regrets. But there was no backing out now. He already did what he did. He was already cursed.

'Cause I'll always find you again and again
And I'll lose you every time
But my lovе, I will hold you close to me
'til you fade from my arms pеacefully

And here he is now, cradling within his arms, the cold and lifeless body of the person he loves, cherishes and devotes himself to.

They meet each other every single time, and yet everything goes wrong.

Was it their love that was wrong?

Was it his love that was wrong?

Or, was it his existence that was wrong?

All he knows, however, is that, he loves her. He loves her. And, he loves her. It may be a farewell right now, but he hopes. Deep in his heart he hopes. Maybe, just maybe, one day they could be together, forever.

"I love you. And I will continue doing so, until I find a way to break through this. To be a God-a part of nature is what I wish. For that is the only way for you to be reborn safely. For you to belong again to me. Rest well, my dear."