Tangent [Cale B.]

[A/n: This was written without knowing the real reason why the White rAdIsH dId ThE dO. I've written—well, writing it— whilst only read up to chapter 664]

'A ruler is someone who can control the lives of his people' that was a sentiment, a belief the White Star, even as Cale Barrow has faith in.

The power to control someone's life, whether dead or alive. 

For a dead being to live once more, is a sin that is against the laws of nature. Mana signifies a living being, dead mana for the dead. That is why black magic, is forbidden.

Being a part of nature, a God, was what he dreams of. The unimaginable power to be attained was as tempting as they come.

There were many goals he wishes to get, one of them being; to revive his past lover.

White Star, no Cale Barrow had a lover. She was strong, she could match his strenght. He fell inlove. Her personality was alluring, her features were angelic.

Naturally, with having someone as precious as she was to him, he wouldn't have broke the promise of the Dragonslayers to the Dragon Lord, and yet he still did it.

Back then, he was curious, not obsessed. He was curious of what it felt like to have the same power, to wreck havoc and be God, like the Ancient White Star, but he wasn't that drawn into world domination.

If she died because of him, then he'll be sure to curse everything around him. And that is what happened.

For some unknown, unfathomable reason, she died.

It was only then that he became obsessed with the idea of ruling over everything.

He could revive her. They could live again, together, forever.

With the curse of reincarnation and not being able to truly care for something, he was reborn. Again and again.

And so was she.

Everytime he met her was just painful meetings.

One glimpse, and she dies again. Almost automatically.

But he won't give up. No, not yet. He'll do anything within his reach, more than what he can reach, actually. Until his last breath.

(Until Henituse could kill him—)

'I've seen you leave for a  hundred thousand times but I can only watch you disappear.'

Tangent: Lines that had one chance to meet, then parted forever.