Parallel [Raon M.]

[A/n: If you get an update notification but you think there's no update, it might be because of my constant refreshing of the chapter list. I sort it alphabetically and also by the lines used. In the canon, Raon's second growth phase hasn't happened yet.]

His attribute is 'present' yet why could he not understand it? Why could he not properly use it? Even his first growth phase didn't teach him much.

But with the weak human and his family, he could at least feel what it was like to understand living in the present.

Now, however, he could not feel the presence of his loved ones. His surroundings—his soul's surroundings were back to his first growth phase, this is his mind. His crytalline blue eyes gazed on the changing scenery.

A small cottage.

It looked like a warm place he could call home.

He thought that like his first growth phase, his second one would also be fighting and surviving against his adult self, but he was dead wrong.

This was more of a psychological test.

In the cottage was a lady. She wore a motherly smile. Her presence reminded him of the warmth he felt from his weak human he deemed as father figure. But the woman standing in front of him was no mother figure. He felt like she was someone he should hoard. Someone he should loot from this cruel world and take her to his lair.

Perhaps this was a woman of the past he never knew. Someone who could illuminate against the darkness. This woman was not in his present.

He wondered whether he could meet her in the cruel world where havoc was going on and on.

Chaos, destruction, there was never peace and tranquility.

Is she somehow an existing soul within the realm of reality? Or was she just a part of his dreams?

Until he could learn how to accept his reality, he would remain stuck within his mind.

Wherever may the present be.

Parallel: Lines that were never meant to meet.