New Year Special

For New Year, the Hong family decided to celebrate it in Korea with Mr.Hong's mother. Including their maids and butlers. Since it was their home country, they decided to spend their time there.

10 year old Jihan went out of her room wearing a red dress. It was sleveless and it has a tight waist wrapping her petite stomach. It had a beautiful curls at the end of it. Just a plain sleveless red dress but she looked stunning. Her hair into a ponytail, leaving some curled hair in the front. "Mom I dont want this. I have some shorts and Red blouse there. I have tons of it" she whined

"Just for this event honey" Her mom said smiling widely. "Please, this is a special occasion!" She added. "Okay..." Jihan eventually gave up making her mother smile wider. "Thank you, Love you!" She said as Jihan walked away. "Eo! Love you too..." she mumbled.

She took her coat and wore his 3-inch black heels. Walking out of the apartment, she saw a black Limousine car at the front. She scanned the car and saw a small logo.

She scoffed and smirked. "seriously.." The door opened revealing their driver. He bowed and said, "Good evening Ma'am." Opening the door for her and gesturing her to enter. Knowing refusing is no use, she entered.

Like those typical limousine scenes in movies, with red ceiling and black leatjer seats, she sat on it trying to relax. She has been noticing it lately that expensive items makes her uncomfortable. She dont know why, its either because she likes the simple and not so special items or just she doesn't want to be treated like a princess.

In no time her parents entered the car looking like an expensive whole meal in a expensive Hotel restaurant. Despite the age, her mother wore this gold glittery dress that perfectly showed her curves. Her low v neck style that exposes a big part of her cleavage. Half of her back exposed, she looked like those slut in high school prom. But instead, she looked dashing and fancy.

Her father on the other side wore an expensive looking suit. Dark red inner shirt, his blazer had this gold lining on its wrist, evem the button is gold. With his hair styled, he looked a next level ceo. First glance you wouldn't know that they are only celebrating their New year.

Their family looked bizarre. The ride was extremely quite, with only a faint music from the radio. Jihan played with her phone, having no access to chat with her friends for they have their chinese contact number. Jihan don't have an international line for her to communicate, and so her friends.

After around half an hour, they arrived at their destination. They rented a 5 star hotel's Ballroom for the occasion. With only a few families, the ballroom was too huge for them. Extra spaces for little kids to run around.

At age 10, Jihan was a little matured than other kids. She was always serious and was brave enough to confrot bullies. Everyone is afraid of her and at the same time, amazed. But despite the number of students who know her, she was a loner. Being the only Korean in their Chinese Class, it was sure hard.

The three sat at their table, along with her uncles and aunts. Some tables were for their Maid and butlers, who bought their children and partners.

The party started with the usual, small speech then straight to their own business, with loud music banging. Everyone held their wine glass, some have wine, some have pure alcohol, some have just juice. The children were served with fresh milk, orange juice, and chocolate drink.

The ball room had a specific part in the corner with fences, inside was soft cushion chairs and 2 big chest full of snacks for kids. Most of them are there, while others were running around.

Jihan excused herself and told them that she wanted to go to the restroom. She pushed the gigantic wooden door and went out of the ballroom. Instead of going straight to the restroom, she turned right straight into an open garden.

Pushing the white Sliding door aside, she stepped on the soft grass that created a rustling sound beneath her heels. The star shined above her, while some fireflies flew around. Hearing small snores, she followed the sound. There, a boy wearing a suit with its color almost fading, his hair was kinda messy as well, was sleeping in the bench.

Shaking the boys legs gently to wake him up, he opened his eyes and groaned. He looked at her and furrowed his eyebrows. Sitting up, the girl sat beside him.

"Who are you?" The boy asked. "I should be asking you that. Are you attending his party with your parents?" She asked. The boy was shook with the girl's way of talking. It was matured.

"Yeah. And you?" He asked. "I guess not all people know me. Thats great" she smiled. The boy tilted his head. "What are you talking about?"

"Im the daughter of Mr.Hong." she said, looking at him. "Liar. I dont believe you" He said. "Dont then. Its better that way" She smiled.

"You dont even try to defend. Liar" He said. "How about you? Who is your parents?" She asked. "Mrs. Choi." He said. "Mrs.Choi? We dont have someone with a surname of Choi tho" She said.

"Its Mrs. Han. I just introduce her to other people as Mrs. Choi. Since im a Choi too. My father is nowhere to be seen" He explained. "Thats too much info but I like it" She chuckled.

"So why are you here?" She asked. "Its boring there." He said. "I know right!" She stretched her arms. "Its better at school" She said.

"Why not home?" He asked. "Dont even ask about it." She rolled her eyes. "School have my friends not home" She lied, about having friends. The boy nodded.

They heard the music died down and they knew something is about to happen. "We should head in" The boy said.

They stood up and was shocked by the sudden cheer from inside. They chuckled as they looked at each other. The walked side by side, as the chatter continues.

They talked about everything except themselves. "By the way. We haven't introduced ourselves to eachother." The boy said. "Then.."

3!

"What is your"

2!

"Name?"

1!

The fireworks that was prepared by the developers of the party, exploded in the air in an unending sensation. The sound was too loud that she couldn't hear what the boy said.

"Jiwoo?" She murmured. The boy pointed her with a questional look. She chuckled a little and told her name in a normal volume.

"Chi-ah?" He murmured. The fireworks died down. " I dont if what I heard was right but I'll call you Jiwoo" She smiled. "Then Ill call you Chi-ah." He said.

She showed her pinky and said, "promise me we will meet again" she said. She never felt and never knew thw feeling of having a friend. The thought of having fun in just a short time, he was already somewhat special.

The boy was confused by the sudden promise but he would like them to hangout again. "Okay Liar" he smiled and wrapped his pinky finger to hers. "Lets meet again Mr.Anonymous" She said as she pressed their thumbs together.

Jihan woke up and smiled to herself. She can't believe she had a dream about a precious memory. She lifted her hand and looked at it. Closing her fingers, leaving her pinky straight. "Mr. Anonymous" she smiled.

He was the very first friend she had ever since she left Korea. Her old school friends got seperated from her and obviously have no contact with eachother. They were only kids back then

Sorry for grammatical issues and typos! May everyone celebrate the New Year happily! Wishing you all a Happy New Year and a better and happier life at 2021:) Time flies by so fast😭