• Chapter II •

(Y/N) - Your name
(A/S) - Animal species

The sun rose over Monte Carlo. The waves of the sea washing the shore were calm. Breathing tubes began to rise out of the water, one after another, and soon enough, the heads of five animals towered above the surface, with diving goggles. First appeared Gloria, then Marty, (Y/N), Alex and, last, Melman. Their fur was soaked through. After looking around and making sure they went unnoticed, they continued their observations. Noticing the casino where the penguins were supposed to be staying, Melman decided to let his companions know about it. He said something, but the breathing tube in his mouth prevented his friends from understanding. Turning to the doctor, Alex mumbled "What?", his voice also incomprehensible due to the object in his mouth.

Poking the pipe out of his mouth, Melman explained "There it is. The casino."

Having swam forward a little, Alex, too, said something, but no one understood anything. This time, the zebra, whose voice was distorted, asked the same question. "What?" his friends barely understood what he asked.

"I said 'Perfect! That's where we'll find the penguins'." Taking out the breathing tube, he elaborated.

Marty started to say something, with a tone that made (Y/N) think he was saying something important. She removed the pipe from her mouth and stared at the zebra in confusion. "¿Qué?" she wondered, with her Spanish accent, that laced her voice. Gloria, who had already pulled out her breathing tube, looked questioningly at Marty. In response to his friends, the zebra only gave a rhythm with his mouth, forcing the American to give him an 'Are you serious?' face; and the (A/S) just rolled her eyes with a sigh.

Alex silenced them, "Shh! Come on, guys. Operation: Penguin Extraction does not include levity. We can't draw attention to ourselves." he recalled, "We're invisible!" he paused for a second, before continuing, "And I'm talking really, really quiet."

And with that, they again took the breathing tubes in their mouths and dived, continuing on their way to the port, and then to the casino.

Running across the roof of the casino, Alex began explaining his plan.

"Okay. Phase One: we break into the casino, grab the penguins and get them to take us back to New York on the monkey powered Super Plane!" Alex said.

"Check." Marty stated.

"Phase Two: we chew out the penguins for abandoning us in Africa."

"Check." Melman answered.

"Phase Three." Suddenly, Alex turned around, halting all his friends, who bumped into each other. "We apologize to the penguins for overly harsh chewing outing," he ran forward. "But," he turned around for the second time, forcing them to stop and run into each other yet again, "We've gotten our point across."

"Check." (Y/N) said back.

The four animals continued to run, stopping only when Alex hung upside down in front of them. He turned around smoothly, "Phase Four: back to New York city."

The zoosters voiced their agreements, while the former circus performer just looked to the side with uncertainty.

Noticing his friend's change in mood, Alex jumped down and walked over to (Y/N). His face expressed concern for her. "Hey," he called softly, "You okay? What's wrong?"