• Chapter X •

(Y/N) — Your name

(E/C) — Eye colour

(A/S) — Animal species

(F/C) — Fur colour

(M/C) — Matching colour

    (Y/N) was silently awaiting Alex to return and tell them whether or not they were able to win the tour to New York. She was silently staying to the side, (E/C) gaze lingering on the place the lion was last seen in.

    A massive paw rested itself upon her shoulder, causing the (A/S) to turn around. Forest green orbs were there to meet her own.

    Subconsciously, a loving smile spread across her features. Vitaly's paw slid down from her shoulder down her arm to her own, much smaller paw before he caressed it, giving a small and reassuring squeeze. He raised his other paw to gently cup her cheek, tracing his thumb across her silky fur.

    Chest fluttering with warmth and face heating up, (Y/N) placed her paw on Vitaly's that resided on the side of her face, enjoying the simple display of affection.

    Vitaly couldn't help but allow a smile of his own to brighten up his muzzle. He bent down to match her height before pressing his forehead against hers, breathing out a quiet sigh.

    "Thank you," he murmured, closing his eyes and allowing the warm feeling to flow through his body, "For everything." His whiskers twitched as he talked, brushing against (Y/N)'s and creating a tickling sensation, causing the female to release a silent chuckle.

    "You don't need to thank me, Vitaly." (Y/N) whispered, leaning away to gaze into his bright eyes. "We wouldn't have been here, if it hadn't been for you. So, if anything, I should be thanking you. We all should."

    She took both his paws in hers and continued admiring the taller cat. His smile stretched into a wider grin at her words as the comfortable silence settled between the two.

    No matter what happened next, they would be there for each other. The same words silently promised in eachother's mind. 

    Little did they know, it was the same promise that was going to be broken. . .

    "We're going to America!"

    The exact words that were said by Alex that caused a wave of cheers and congratulations to appear throughout entire circus.