• Chapter III •

(Y/N) - Your name
(A/S) - Animal species
(E/C) - Eye colour

The escape continued. The animals ran forward with the hope of getting out safe and sound. Turning in the right direction, they found themselves in a large room with columns up to the ceiling. The sound of a working machine reached their ears. The exit came into their view , and they ran towards it. But seeing it blocked, their eyes widened and they came to a stop, breathing deeply. "Oh no!" Alex exclaimed in hopelessness.

"What do we do?" Melman asked.

Suddenly, Gloria furrowed her brows, with determination on her face, and warned with confidence. "Alright, everybody, stand back. I got this." The others just looked at her with surprise, Melman even backed away slightly. And with this, she rushed to the barrier full force, with the purpose of breaking through it and creating an exit.

But unfortunately, all she could do was leave a deep dent on the barrier. She wobbly returned to the others, holding onto her forehead with one hand, and muttered in defeat, "Nevermind."

"Well, you only get one chance at a first impression." Skipper commented before he whistled.

At the same second, behind the barrier, there was the sound of tires banging against the road, and out of nowhere a van burst through, spinning on a smooth surface. The animals, not expecting this, cried out in surprise as they saw the truck heading towards them. The back doors flew open, and the van swept up shocked mammals. After that, it turned and crashed into one of the columns.

"What just happened?" Alex asked.

"Where are we?" Gloria said, dumbfounded.

"What is this?" (Y/N) demanded, looking around.

In front of them was a child seat in which a Skipper was strapped. It turned sharply, giving a view of the penguin. "We call it 'The Luxury Assault Recreational Vehicle'." he replied with a smirk.

Pulling a lever on the baby's steering wheel, he listened with a satisfied look to the words of the baby's device before turning to the front of the truck. "Step on it, boys!" he commanded.

Less than a moment later, the truck began to move again. Turning the steering wheel to the right caused the vehicle to crash into other columns, destroying the room in a second. Rico drove out of the casino building into the park, landing on a red car in the parking lot. Private turned on the turn signal, then fell down, where he pressed his back against the pedal, setting the van in motion again. They dashed away from the casino.

Melman stuck his head out of the car window and watched from the outside of the car. Inside, everyone found a place for themselves and followed the events.

Alex sat in the passenger seat, Marty behind him, Gloria behind the driver's seat, and (Y/N) between Gloria and Skipper.

The main penguin turned with the seat towards one of his crew members. "Kowalski," he called out, "Signal the chimps to meet us at the rendezvous point with the Super Plane. Hotel Ambassador." he clarified. "Let's move it!" he honked.

The animals cheered. But in the middle of his joy, Melman hit his head against the sign, which made him look back. "Huh?" he narrowed his eyes. Their van was followed by a redhead woman and 4 more officers on red mopeds. Seeing the woman smirk, his eyes widened and he tilted his neck forward. "Guys," he called, "We got a tail."