• Chapter VII •

(Y/N) — Your name

(E/C) — Eye colour

(A/S) — Animal species

    When the morning arrived, what (Y/N) wasn't expecting was Alex presenting his idea about new circus show. The moment her and Gia stepped out of the train cart, they were swept away only to hear out Alex's idea.

    "We are gonna rethink everything anybody's ever known about circus!" the lion elaborated, as everyone silently listened to his speech, wordlessly noting what they had to say about it after he was done.

    "In order to get to New York, we will come up with something fresh, something amazing, something brand-new!" Alex continued.

    (Y/N) stood aside with the rest of the zoosters and kept attentive to every word. The way Alex was speaking made her realize that his main goal wasn't just to get to New York, but also help these animals.

    "Fresh, never before seen! Off the chain!" Alex was using some wild gestures, going as far as turning away from the animals, as if he was talking to himself.

    "Something that'll blow that circus promoter away!"

    The moment his speech came to an end, Alex flashed a bright smile that soon changed to uneasy one the moment he felt Vitaly's knives outline his upper body, refusing to move a muscle. When the last knife landed right above his head, Alex flinched slightly, still not moving.

    "I missed." Vitaly said, one paw holding an axe while the other stayed in place after his throw.

    Loud protests erupted in the clearing, each of the circus performers showing their disapproval of the idea.

    "Who do you think you are?"

    "Off with your head!"

    "I'm gonna chew his leg off!"

    (Y/N) just calmly stood aside, paws crossed over her chest and eyes scanning the crowd. The sight of Stefano awkwardly standing aside and covering his face with his flipper, as if he was embarrassed, caught her attention. But before her mind could form any kinds of questions, Vitaly interrupted her train of thought.

    "Circus has been same for generations!" Vitaly said, "We make good, classic family entertainment." he pointed out, as he held the axe on both his paws, ready to throw it if he deems the moment necessary.

    "Ah-ah!" Stefano just smiled nervously, before giving his own opinion, "But the last few generations, families. . . not so entertained-a."

    Such statement brought a surprised look from Vitaly that soon turned into a glare, when the tiger realized that Stefano was supporting Alex's idea. Everyone, including (Y/N), just looked quizzically at the nervous sea lion, only for him to turn away and clear his throat to lessen the tension his words brought.

    "That's right." Alex spoke up, which brought everyone's attention back to him. "Families not so entertained, because you're just going through the motions out there." He pointed out.