• Chapter V •

(Y/N) - Your name

(E/C) - Eye colour

(A/S) - Animal species

(F/C) - Fur colour

    The awkward silence lingered in the air as the officers debated whether or not they should cross over the line and see the crime scene themselves. Not waiting for a permission of his colleagues, one of them clenched the pistol in his hand slightly and shouted. "That's it! I'm going in!" Lifting the yellow tape above his head, he stepped in. The three other officers just released gasps and tried to stop their companion.

    "Stop!" one reached out for the brave man, "It's too dangerous!"

    "Don't be a hero!".

    But nothing could have stopped the fearless officer. . .

    . . .Except for the banana peels that he didn't notice while running.

    Stepping on one, the man slipped and fell on his back, his gun shooting at nothing in particular. A few other officers tried hard to keep balance, but luck was not on their side as all of them slipped and sounds of shots filled the air from time to time.

    On the other side of the crime scene a redheaded woman rolled over on the ground and stopped in front of the pawsteps. Lifting her body up on her limbs, she studied the animal footprint and smiled once she figured out who the footprints belonged to.

    "Lion." she stated to herself, not really caring if she had been heard. Dropping down, she stuck her tongue out and started lapping up water from the tiny pool. Satisfaction crossed over her features after she was done.

    "Twelve hours old." the officer then proceeded to get a better taste of it. "Two hundred and fifty kilograms." When her tongue came across something rather, in her opinion, unusual she stuck it out again. But this time there was small hair of the lion's mane.

    Taking it in her hand, she examined it. "Glossy mane." Upon closer observations, she added. "Too much conditioner."

    Her train of thoughts was broken when a shot had been released not far. Not phased with it, she scowled quietly. "Eh, stupid bozos." Placing the hair back in her mouth, she started sniffing around to try and catch the trail of scent.

    When the trail led her to the railway, she came to an abrupt stop as the stronger scent had filled her nose trills. Taking a lungful breath through her nose, her eyes widened.

    She found the trace. . .

    An image formed in her head. An image of where (Y/N) with her friends were getting on the train. The officer was even able to tell whether or not there were other animals other than the ones she was hunting down.

    "Hello, kitty!" she cheered in a quiet tone. A satisfied chuckle left her vocal cords as she had found out where she should go.

    "So, you ran away with the circus?" she asked out loud. Getting her blood-red lipstick out of her pocket, she prepared to add it on her lips.

    The ground started shaking slightly, the vibrations getting stronger and stronger as the time passed. The horn of an approaching train could be heard from behind the lady's back, though she didn't allow it to distract her. Instead, an unimpressed look appeared on her face as she taunted the ones, who were unaware of the danger that was closing in on them.