⚜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10 ⚜

•✧•

Challenge these strange Monstrous Demons

"Insolent Knave..." The demon stated as he steps over the decapitated head and stabs it with his spears.

Ray who was behind the tree cursed at the change of the situation, he gritted his teeth in frustration at this, he almost had the situation control but now their pursuers finally showed up at the wrong time.

Then Ray had a moment of realization at this, Were the others alright? Were you alright? He knew you all got pretty far away but he couldn't tell from where he was. There was no way to know and no way to communicate!

Ray's mind raced as he tried to think of anything, anything at all on what to do now, he can run now but there were more demons from the Plantation around him. Not only that the one who seems likely to be the leader took out the wild one earlier with a swing. One swing.

Ray continued to think of how to escape the situation he got himself in but he was also worrying if you and the others were really safe or not.

"Find anything?" The Leader lets out as he looks down at the decapitated head of the wild demon.

"This thing hasn't eaten. I don't smell any scent of human from his mouth, it hasn't eaten a single human" 

Ray listened in to every word he said as the realization came to him,  as quietly as he could he put his bag down to pull out a pair of scissors.

"Are you hiding over there? You can come out now" The Leader stated calmly as he now looks over to the three where Ray was hiding.

Ray didn't respond as but continued to listen to the Demon ramble on.

"That was a close one, wasn't it? Thank goodness you're safe. It's alright now, I've taken care of the big bad monster. So come on now will you?" The Leader prompted but didn't get a response.

One of the demons that were with him then steps up "Should I go and drag him out?"

"No, it's fine. Stay where you are" The Leader commanded as he now faces the tree once again asking.

"Are you by yourself? Where are the others?"

Ray ignored him as he started to carve his scissors on the bark of the tree.

"You understand now, don't you? Living outside here is impossible, now let us return home"

Hearing this, a smirk made its way up Ray's face. Just like he realizes, the demon didn't know where you and the others are and are safe.

He was the only one that had been found so far, now the demons are trying to figure out where the others were. The Demons are trying to probe him and see his reaction and instill in him to surrender.

The demons don't know that you and everyone are still alive or where you are. This means, there's only one thing he has to do.

To keep their attention completely focused on him. Keep them chasing him at all cost.

"Promise me you'll come back"

"I promise I'll come back...now go"

That was originally Ray's plan until after this happened, he can't go back to you and the others. If he did, then he'll just be bait to lead the pursuers where you all are and it's be the end since all of you were the target.

Ray knew what he had to do, he'll run in the opposite direction and lead the pursuers away as far as possible. Ray clench his fist tightly as he looks down, could he do it?