⚜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21 ⚜

•✧•

A Blow With A Word

Strikes Harder

Than A Blow With A  Sword

The sound of metal clashing hard together seems to echo around the dense forest, Thoma and Lani had stopped what they were doing and gathered at a safe distance watching in awe at the scene in front of them.

Ray was also there with them watching you and Sonju spar with each other. The two of you strongly swinging your weapons at each other without hesitation which caused him to be worried and anxious, what if you got hurt?

He quickly shook this thought and calm himself down, Ray took a deep breath and let it out as he focuses back on the two of you.

Jumping a few distances back from Sonju, you panted heavily but didn't let your stance waver as you held the sword Sonju gave tightly, watching him cautiously trying to anticipate what his next move was.

It was then your eyes widened and quickly lifted your sword up to block his fast attack, Sonju towered over looking down at you.

"Concentrate and Focus on how to counter your opponent's attacks" Sonju stated staring at your piercing blue orbs that were glaring right at him as he lifted his spear to strike again only to halt when you suddenly disappeared out of his sight which caught him off guard.

Suddenly his instincts acted and quickly Sonju side steps, barely missing the slash of your sword, and quickly countered back, swinging his spear towards your direction making your eyes widened as Thoma and Lani loudly gasp.

There was a tense silence as you panted heavily, Sonju's spear only a few inches away from your neck, barely grazing your skin.

Sonju pulled his spear back watching as you knelt on the ground, covered in sweat while trying to catch your breath. At the last moment of your attack, he was clearly caught off guard how you had move quickly, out from his sight as you quickly took the advantage of him being distracted to strike a blow.

If Sonju hadn't noticed your presence at the last second, you would have probably slashed a wound on him for sure. This excited him thoroughly, you were quite a good fighter but still lack experience.

Staring at your figure that sat on the ground, Sonju took note that after the 3 days that had passed when he first started to train you, something in you changed which made Sonju somewhat pleased.

"One more" You let out, looking up at him full of determination as you wipe away the sweat that trickled down your chin.

Pulling yourself back up to stand lifting your sword as you position yourself in a fighting stance. "One more until I manage to land a hit on you Sonju"

Sonju grins to himself at this, he was about to consider today's sparring would be done seeing your state earlier but now as he looks at you, it seems that he might have underestimated you a little bit. This was really getting pretty exciting for the demon.

You held your ground as Sonju lifted his spear and as a tense silence envelope, it was quickly broken as the two of you quickly broke into a run, charging at each other both of your weapons meeting once again with a loud clash.

Thoma and Lani who continued watching at the sidelines were once again amazed at the scene before them, Ray who had his arms crossed over his chest stood stiffly, both you and Sonju moved so quickly, weapons clashing hard as they meet, the sound seeming to echo the dense forest.