⚜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 ⚜

•✧•

After taking a rest and replenishing all of your energies, all of you continued on your journey on walking down the large forest.

"So what's next?" Ray asks as he looks over to you and Emma, the three of you walking side by side.

"We need water first" Emma pointed out as you nodded your head.

"I saw the stream from above the cliff right, we should check if it's pure enough to drink." You said as you jump over a tree root and continue walking.

"That's logical, I've read somewhere once that humans die within 3 days without water. It's definitely a priority we need to tackle. If all goes we might even get ahold of food." Ray said.

You and Emma smiled at this and the two of you nodded your head and continued forward.

Ray eyes narrow as he look over his shoulder to the kids that were following behind before turning his head back to stare at you and Emma that were walking a few feet ahead.

'The thing is...our enemies will know what we'll have to take this route sooner or later...'

Ray thought a bit worriedly but took a deep breath and let out a sigh to calm his senses.

'Even so...' His eye then trailed towards your figure as you were to busy talking with Emma.

'I'll protect you and everyone...'  Ray thought smiling softly as he then walk up to the two of you.

"So...what's after that?" Ray asks as he now caught up.

"Do you two have a plan for where we should head?" Ray looks over to you and Emma.

"Yup! We're heading south!" You grin which made Ray confuse.

"South?"

Emma grab her backpack and rummage inside before quickly pulling out the pen that also came from Norman's letter and showed it Ray.

"We have to go see Mr Minerva in Area B 06 - 32" Emma replied smiling.

"What's that pen? Area B 06 -32?" Ray asks a bit confuse and unimpress

"Here!" Emma handed it to him as the raven haired took the small object and observe it.

"It was Sister Krone who gave it to Norman and gave it to Emma" You pointed out as you stood beside Ray who had his eye on the pen he was holding.

"But there's more!" Emma said as Ray turn the pen and saw the initials W.M. on it.

"At first Norman thought the pen ran out of ink since he couldn't write on the paper so when he decided to take it apart..." You trailed off with a smile both you and Emma watching Ray.

Ray took out the barrel of the pen which then showed the converter which had the B 06-32 engrave on it.

"Try twisting it once more" Emma said.

The raven haired male did as instructed and as soon as he did, a bright light shone from the pen and a rectangular appeared in front as it showed the mark of the owl from William Minerva and the area where you all of you were currently at, B 01 - 14.

"Wha—!?" Ray let out as he stared at the hologram in a shock and baffled expression.

You giggled as you nudge him by the sides "Neve judge a book by its cover~!"

Ray pursed his lips as he was about to reply when you three were interrupted by Thoma's voice.

"LANI!?!"

Quickly the three of you turn back around and rush towards Thoma as Ray asks.

"What's wrong Thoma?"

Thoma had a scared and panic look as he ran towards the three of you and latch on to your waist.

You immediately petted his hair and try to calm him down.

"[Y/n]! Emma! Ray! This is bad! Lani disappeared!!" Thoma shouted as he pointed towards the direction to where he was and see nobody there.

Emma and your eyes widened in fear as you couldn't help but feel panic by this. "Disappeared!?"

"What's going on? Was he attacked!? Or did he get lost—" Emma asks Thoma as she came up to him.

Thoma quickly releases you as he then face towards Emma shaking his head from side to side rapidly.

"No,No,No! He just suddenly vanished into thin air!!" 

This alerted the three of you as Thoma continued to explain what happened.

"We we're walking together until just a second ago...but then just now I look over and he was gone!"

Thoma said as he look at the ground with a troubled and guilty face as he felt that it was his fault that he didn't kept an eye on Lani.

Seeing this you went up and pat him on the head. "Hey, it's not your fault okay? We'll find him. Let's call out maybe he's just nearby" You said as Thoma nodded his head.

"Lani! Quit playing games! Come out now!!" Thoma yelled out through the large and dark forest.

"Lani answer if you hear us!!" Ray followed as he cup a hand over his mouth.

A few seconds pass and you guys didn't receive any response but only the sound of the wind blowing and the rustling of the trees.

Worried you couldn't take it anymore as you handed Thoma to Emma who was holding Chris.

"Emma! Ray! I'm gonna go look for him—" You said but got stop as Ray grab your wrist.

"Wait!"

"Ray what—" Again before you can finish your sentence Ray cuts you off as he looks around the quiet forest.

"This is weird, [Y/N], Emma something isn't right here. There's no response, not only from Lani. Why isn't anybody else saying anything either?" Ray stated

All of your eyes widened in realization at this and quickly did you guys run back, calling out to the others, but to no avail there was nobody there.

"No way..." Emma lets out as she carried Chris on her arms, eyes widened in fear.

"Don and Gilda...Where's everyone else?" You spoke up shakily.

It was only the five of you left inside the large forest and no matter where you turn your heads, you couldn't spot any of the kids or anybody in particular.

"Where did everyone else go?" 

•✧•