⚜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29 ⚜

•✧•

Deep Inside the Demon World,

There's a Sanctuary for Humans...

"Lani! Thoma!" You shouted running down the corridors after them as the two boys' mischievous laugh echoes around the shelter. "Give me back my sword!"

You all had just finished putting away the mattresses and blankets that all of you had used for sleeping last night and as you were about to grab your sword just in case if something goes wrong a bit wary since you knew the old man was awake and could possibly escape even though all of you made sure he was confined in the monitor room you wanted to make yourself prepared for any possibility, and yet here you are chasing the two little troublemakers who have a hold of your weapon of protection.

"Oh come on! We want to try it out!!" The two said in unison, laughing as they dodge the others who were excitedly making their way to the bathroom, wanting to take a nice hot bath after the excruciating journey all of you endured. 

Seeing this, causes you to slow down as you carefully dodge everyone, making your way through them passing Emma and Gilda who were escorting the little ones to the bathroom calling out over your shoulder that you would come back to them and help which the two girls responded with a thumbs up watching you chase down Lani and Thoma.

You caught a glimpse of Lani and Thoma snickering as they turn to a corner and you let out a sigh shaking your head as you fasten your pace to catch up with them "I swear these boys are going to be the death of me-"

Not expecting to slam into something that you were sure wasn't supposed to be there, you stumble backward yelping in pain as you held the top of your head to look up and freeze. Thoma and Lani were pale in the face, smiling nervously as the person in front of you held a menacing aura narrowing their gaze at the lot of you.

 "Oi, what are the three of you doing?" Ray states looking at each of you which just made you three sweat nervously avoiding his look acting just like how a child was caught doing something wrong by their mother. 

"Uhhh we were just..." Thoma trails off, looking everywhere except for Ray's expectant look waiting for his excuse. 

"Goingtothebathroomandtakeabathwiththeothers!" Lani was quick to exclaim, dropping your sword to the ground with a loud 'clang' as the two take a step back and darted to where the others were heading, leaving you to defend yourself.

Looking at where they head off to in disbelief you hear Ray clearing his throat, you let out a nervous laugh slowly turning your gaze to meet Ray's unamused face as he raises a brow. "I was just...trying to get my sword back?"

You sheepishly smile as Ray lets out a sigh and shake his head, he bends down to pick up your sword and hands it back to you "You three really are a handful"

Offended by the words as Ray walks past you and towards the bathroom, you quickly turn around to follow him exclaiming "Wha-! Hey, they started it first! The two of them just have too much energy early in the morning!"

The two of you enter the bathroom where Emma and Gilda look up from the clothes they were folding in their hands to the sound of your voice as they watch amusingly of you trying to reason out to Ray about what they assume happened earlier, sharing a knowing look the two quietly snickers and went back to what they were doing.

" -and they were running around with it! I don't even know how they carried it while running around from how heavy it was but they also could have hurt themselves or the others!" You wave your arms around trying to emphasize your words.