⚜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 ⚜

•✧•

The World

Was Cleaved

In Two

Standing there in the dark abyss, you breathe heavily as you hug yourself, body trembling as you look up to face those pair of blue orbs with your own.

"Everything...is going to be okay" Norman's voice echoed around the black void the two of you were in as he gave you a smile.

Then large footsteps that seem to make the ground tremor, a demon emerges from the darkness right behind Norman. You shouted at him to go away but he remained where he stood and gave you a soft smile.

"You're the best little sister that anyone can ask for [Y/n]" Tears spilled down your face as you got up to run towards him,  to pull him away from the demon that was closing in as it opens its maw, you stretch your arm out and shouted.

"Norman!!"

The demon closes its maw at Norman as blood splatter around, you stop in your tracks frozen as your hand trembled, your breathing became unsteady as you watch your own brother get devoured by the demon.

Frozen in your place, the demon's eye shifted towards your direction making your breath hitch. Then before you knew it, the demon came to lunge at you with its open maw.

•✧•

Your eyes snap open as you quickly sat up drench with cold sweat as you clutch your arms, breath ragged, trying to expel the nightmare you had which was too realistic that it took you a few minutes to calm down from your small panic attack.

Wiping the cold sweat off your forehead you look around to see everyone was still asleep, you didn't know what time it is but you were glad you didn't wake anyone up or disturb them from their slumber. 

Slowly getting up from where you slept, you walk out of the cave you and the kids were all sleeping in, you doubt you could go back to sleep after having a nightmare like that. Instead, you let your feet lead you back to none other by the fire that was still crackling as you face none other than the tall hooded demon.

"You're up early" Sonju voices out as he looks at you surprised to see you awake at this time, he figured you, like the other kids, would still be sleeping in, given how you all were probably tired from the events of last night.

At the mention of this, you gave a tilt of your head as you made your way to sit on one of the mats from last night and you gaze at the hooded demon. "Early? What time is it??"

Sonju hums as he stares at the small burning fire in front of him as he calmly responded to your question "The break of dawn"

You blink, not expecting for it to be this early but nonetheless, you gave a nod of thanks towards Sonju and stare at the fire. Both of you didn't say a word after that as a comforting silence resided.

Unbeknownst to you, behind his mask, Sonju stared and observed you. From all the other kids, you were the one that caught his attention the most. That night, when he came to get Mujika where he also meets you and Ray. 

Back that time the way you glare at him, the way those blue orbs pierce right through him as those eyes clearly held the intent of bloodlust to kill. Then how you bravely shove him aside without care while running past him, as if a demon of sorts standing before you didn't make you waver.

There was no denying that look you gave and your actions you did excited him, the sadistic thought of him hunting you down like how it was back in the days, put a gleeful and sadistic grin to his face.