xvii

Win's POV:

5 days later

"What even in the-" I cursed, opening the door wider for the intruder who came over early in the morning.

Khao's heavy footsteps echoed around my small condo as he made himself comfortable like he always did. The sound of plastic wrappers and paper bags were mixed along with his loud voice. "God Win, did you even eat these days?"

I'm sure he asked me that after he saw the takeout boxes in my kitchen counter and I just waved him off. I was too lazy to get up and make myself my own food. "Why are you even here in the first place, Khaotung?" My voice sounded annoyed and I was indeed very annoyed. He had woken me up so early on a Sunday morning again.

"Chill dude-" Khao's voice resonated around the living area and I could notice him walking towards my direction, "Here I was, worried about you."

"You don't need to worry about me-" I sighed, rubbing my face, "I'm a full grown adult."

Khaotung ignored me and my words as I felt his hands pushing off my legs from the couch, the space beside me dipped and I knew he had made himself comfortable again. "Anyways, your mother called me yesterday."

"She did?" I haven't gotten around to call her back again these past few days.

"Yes-" Khao stated, a bit hesitation evident in his voice as he continued, "She seemed curious as to why you were asking about the accident again."

I didn't reply to him.

"Win.." If he tells me I can't be curious about my own life and my own memories, then that's bullshit. "I know you want to find out what happened-"

"It's not just about that, Khao." My loud voice interrupted him, "I want to get my memories back. You know how..." I stopped myself before I would spill everything inside me again.

It was silent for awhile when Khao decided to bring a name I've avoided since that day. "Have you talked to P'Bright?"

I shook my head in denial, I haven't had enough energy and courage to face him after that revelation. I wanted space. My handicapped situation also helped me in taking notes at home from school rather than attending them physically. So, I never bumped into him in any way. I haven't even gone out to my balcony.

"You can't ignore him forever, Win." Khao's voice seemed stressed as he said those words. I knew what he meant but I was too scared to open up and find out the truth.

"I know that-"

"No you don't!" I flinched as he raised his voice, Khaotung has never ever raised his voice like this before. "You need to talk to him, Win. That's how you're gonna find things out, that's how you will be able to get your memories back."

"But he has already told me-"

"Bullshit! Win!" I felt him grab onto my shoulders tightly, as if trying to make his point clear. I looked at his dark blurry figure infront of my dead eyes. The scene felt familiar. "He is your memory, Win. He is in those memories you've lost."

Maybe I have no other choice now.

"Please swipe right to listen to message-"

I swiped my thumb across the phone screen and waited. Khaotung had left in the evening after making my dinner, telling me he had a date with P'Podd. I was now sat on my bed, my back against the wooden headboard as I contemplated whether to listen to his messages or not. In the end, I decided to go for the former.

"Message one, Win please pick up my phone..."

Beep

"Message two, I'm sorry..."

Beep

"Message three, I want to talk to you, Win..."

Beep

"Message four, Please don't forget to eat your meals. I didn't see you in university today..."

Beep

"Message five, Nong Love told me you've decided to take a small break. Don't worry, me and the others will work hard for the concert..."

Beep

"Message six, I really want you to pick up my calls..."

Beep

"Message seven, I saw Nong Khao with P'Podd today. I didn't know they were so into each other..."

I chuckled at that. There were so many messages from him, I swiped to click on the latest ones.

"Message twenty six, I really want to hear your voice..."

Beep

"Message twenty seven, Win Metawin you better let me look at your face for a long time when I see you again..."

Beep

"Message twenty eight, Please contact me..."

Beep

"Message twenty nine, I have so much to talk to you about. So many things..."

Beep

The newest text was from this morning around three o clock. I wonder what was he up to at that time.

I pondered for awhile as I stroked my phone in my hand, should I call him? But what will I tell him?

Just then, I felt my phone vibrate in my hand and a familiar ringtone resonated around my bedroom. My heart almost leaped out of my chest at that. I sucked in a breathe before answering, "Hello?"

"Win Metawin..." It felt so weird to hear his voice again, "How much longer were you gonna make me wait?"

"I didn't intend to..."

"You made me wait for two years before already..." His voice sent chills down my spine, "I didn't want to be like this, but I'm very greedy, Win."

"I never asked you to wait for me." I replied back to him, laying down on my bed now. "Heck! I never even knew you were waiting for me in the first Bright!"

"You didn't yes, you never ask anything from me-" I heard him sigh from the other line, "But I want to do everything for you."

It was silent for awhile as I listened to his breathing and he listened to mine. Closing my eyes, I spoke, "Let's meet for dinner."

He didn't answer me right away, as if he was a little hesitant himself, "Are you sure?"

"Yes." I answered back to him, my fingers scratching the cotton of my pillow case as I continued, "I have alot of things to ask you and to tell you."

____

sorry i was gone for so long. my exams went really well but idk i have some more coming up. i have decided to go back to updating as often as possible.

also guys!!! Thankyou so much for 10k read ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ it means so much to me

love you all

and happy new year <3