xviii

Win's POV:

I was already regretting my decesions right after the phone call ended.

"Why did I ask him to meet up?!" I rubbed my face in annoyance, the faint sounds of my neighbour's door opening and closing echoing around me.

He's very fast too!

And the doorbell rang not long after making me almost fall from my bed.

Shit. What does this guy eat? What should I feed him? Whatever Khao made, is it even edible?

Alot of questions went around my head as I waddled to the front door. It's gonna be one hell of an awkward dinner.

"Hi." He spoke as soon as I opened the door, the blurry image of faint yellow light from the hallway was the only thing I could make out apart from his dark silhouette.

"Hey..." I stepped back from the entrance so that he could enter, "Come in.." and closed the door right behind him as he did. My shoulder bumped with his body as we made our way inside, I could feel his hands trying to grab me from falling, as if it was an instinct he couldn't ignore. I brushed him off slowly and extended my hand out to touch the kitchen top. "Make yourself at home."

"Thanks.." In the horribly bright lighting of my condo, I watched his dark figure sit on one of the stools opposite to me next to the kitchen top, "What are we having for dinner?"

"Uh-" I panicked because I had no clue. Khao made something for me but I'm still not sure about that guy's cooking skills. "I don't really know, it was Khao who came over today to make me dinner."

"He came over?"

"Yeah it's been awhile since he did so-" I reasoned, even though he didn't ask for it. There was a thick emotion laced to Bright's voice that I could notice but my head and conscience wasn't smart enough to pinpoint what that emotion was. My fingers ran along the opposite counter, feeling the marble and then bumping onto a hot surface that made me yelp.

In an instant I felt the presence of someone beside me and his hand held my injured one in his. I didn't say anything as I felt P'Bright blow on the inflamed part of my fingers, the skin stung but it was nothing compared to how I felt inside of me everytime I tried to remember my forgotten memories.

I dropped my hand from his grasp, rubbing the inflamed area with my fingers gently to ease the pain.

"Are you okay?" P'Bright asked me, his presence still very heavy near me, his dark silhouette right in the peripherals of my vision as I rinsed my hand under the cold water of my kitchen sink. "Do you need me to find first aid?"

"Yeah..." I nodded my head, a sheepish smile forming in my lips as I continued, "Can you please bring my first aid kit from the bathroom?"

He left as soon as I said those words and when I noticed his dark silhouette leave my poor vision, I slumped against the kitchen counter. It's gonna be a long night.

"Is the food okay?" I enquired from where I was sitting right opposite to him in my kitchen counter. After bandaging my fingers and Bright insisting on plating the food for me, we were now seated across each other as we ate the food that Khaotung made for me. It was plain rice and an egg dish. It was simple and it was something Khaotung often ate with me when I was too lazy to cook anything extravagant. My bestfriend seemed to have learnt how to cook at the same time he would watch me cook for him.

"It's delicious." Bright replied to me and I could hear the sincerity in his voice that made me smile. I somehow felt proud for Khaotung.

Then the room felt silent again with only the sounds of the metal spoon scrapping against the plates.

"I-" My voice caught in my throat, what was I supposed to say? The whole reason behind the two of us sitting across each other and eating dinner tonight was to talk about what happened between us and what will happen between us from now on.

Is there even an us?

"Before you say anything, I just-" Bright started and I could hear his voice quivering a little bit from nervousness. "-I want you to know this before anything happens between us that we both can't stop. I want you to know how I feel about you, have felt about you for years and I also want you to know that everything you ask me, I will answer them all-" I wanted to see how he looked right now as he kept speaking, his voice sounded strained and it made me feel something heavy in my tummy.

"I like you, Win Metawin. I have liked you ever since I met you and I will continue to like you even in the future-" His words made my cheeks feel warm and I clutched my spoon tightly in my hands. "-But I cannot promise you that what you might learn today about the past we shared won't hurt you and won't hurt what we have, or had between us. And I'm sorry for that."

I felt his hand touch mine, a mild electric shock overtaking my senses when our skin met each other and I was fast to pull my hand back. My heart was pounding inside my chest and I wondered if he could hear it from where he was sitting.

I know that whatever I'm about to learn today from him won't be easy to handle, for the both of us, but at the same time we both know that it was something that was bound to happen.

Secrets cannot be kept forever.

Lies cannot cover up for everything.

____

a lot of things are left unsaid and hidden between them that we will discover in the next chapters

hey guys, it's been awhile lol
im sorry for not updating, i've been really busy but the past few days i've started stanning treasure and i was like neck deep into sukhoon fanfics in ao3 and then i suddenly felt like writing again

so here's a small update from me, i'm still not sure when will i actually come back to update both this story and eleventh kill but it will be soon <3

stream 'beautiful' by treasure, i listened to it while writing this update as well as Win's ost from the movie

love you all xx