Yearning

Your skin is as fair and beautiful as any Queen sat on a throne. You don't want me , I know that. You're in love with soldiers , with men who come to save you , perhaps from the depths of your inner self. You're in love with Boys who give you flowers , not girls who give you words.

Don't you know these words mean absolutely everything to me? You're in love with Boys who make you feel pretty in the moment , not girls who stare at you longingly as if you were every fragment that they see in their dreams. You're in love with Boys who pull you close , who stare at you with lustful eyes and ready to devour the precious flower that you are.

Not girls like me , girls who will touch your skin and turn every part of you into blissful poetry. You are so beautiful , you could not even begin to believe how my heart sobs when I look at you because the sight of you is way too much for my skittle flavoured heart. And if you kissed me , you would taste the rainbow on my lips. You would taste the love right on my tongue.

If you took one moment to lay your hands on my chest , you would feel my heart beating rapidly to the feel of your skin on my covered own. If you took just one moment to look into these chocolate eyes , you would see the warmth that radiates inside of me from just a glance at you. If you took just one tiny moment to pay attention , you would see the way my gaze lingers on you in a sea full of beautiful mermaids.

If you took just one moment to see my cold heart melting for you , perhaps then you would see how worthy I could be. If you looked close enough , you would see my love for you pouring out of my bone and skin.

                           -Liyah Smith