Chapter 26

I turned around in bed. Keith was just waking up and his hair was slightly messy. I sat up and fixed it by shaking his hair around. He smiled and pushed my hands away. I pressed a quick kiss on his lips and went over to shower
" How was everything last night?" I turned back to him. A rush of pain hit me but I ignored it.

" It was alright. Did you get to meet your mom?" He nodded.
" She was alright. I look like her in more ways than my dad." I smiled, happy that he reconvened with his parents. They would by no means be one big happy family but at least he would know who they were and understand himself so much more.

The steam built for a bit and I let myself relax. Just to breathe and feel vulnerable. To feel like myself and be the sensitive type of woman I was.

My dream had changed last night. I had been freed of that locked room. From being a child and from feeling like a victim. From being used to having my head look to the floor in shame to looking at the sky in wonder.

My father was the first of many people to let me down. Punishing me even when I was right than coming into my room at night to touch me and even put his fingers in me. Whenever I told him no, he trashed my room, called my mom and said I made a mess. My mom being disappointed in me was the worst feeling, especially if it wasn't my fault.

But I couldn't tell her. He said I couldn't say anything, because no one would believe a bad child. But he was nothing. A man with less morals than the demon that abandoned my partner. A man who I would never let in my life ever again.

I felt a pair of warm hands on my hips and I looked back. " Is this okay?" He asked, just after kissing my neck. " I mean, yeah. You could hold me tighter and maybe even push me up against this wall if you wanted. " I replied, giggling through my grin and turning on my tippie toes to kiss him.

I sucked his bottom lip greedily, like I remembered doing when I first arrived. He pressed my back into the wall and lifted me up to his waist. He pressed me so far back that I was bare against his chest and I knew what would happen, but I had no reason to do anything about it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

His dad left and his mom stayed home. " So your parents wanted to check up on you?" I nodded.
" Yeah, they want me to come over I guess."  His black shirt was almost navy blue but I loved it. His collar was visible and I  wanted to kiss . He smiled and got back to eating breakfast. He tried his best to seem excited but he was failing. I wished he would cheer up but there was nothing to cheer up about when being in my family home.

" Well, I guess we could meet my brother..."

I nodded " Yeah you mentioned him. Is he your half brother?" He nodded in response, affirming my thoughts.

" My brother is more like my dad, though."

My eyes narrowed in confusion at his statement " Wait, what?

" He's a full demon."

Oh. Well that cleared my confusion up.

His hand discreetly reached for mine under the table. I slipped my fingers through his and held my hand in place with his. " No matter what happens, I'm always here. I don't care what your family will think of us because we are all that matters, Zo. And I love you."

" I love you too and I'm here until I can't be anymore." I whispered. I planted a gentle kiss on his temple. He pulled my lips to his own and gave me a fierce kiss. I couldn't understand.

I loved him and it was true but I wasn't sure where this was going until I felt the gentle cold in my hand. He let my lips go and I looked in my right palm. There was nothing but a silver loop. But I didn't wear any rings today.

I turned my hand around and noticed the brilliant yet dainty diamond ring that I stared at in horror. I wasn't sure if I was happy or scared, overjoyed or confused. I slowly looked up and into Keith's eyes. I saw nothing but love and trust in them and then I knew.

Tears slipped down my cheeks quietly as I processed that he wanted me to marry him. That he wanted me as his wife. I cried into his chest, sobbing as my heart thudded in my chest. He comforted me until I wasn't an absolute mess anymore.

He wiped my tears away and kissed my face all over. I finally sighed and let him hold me still in an embrace. I wiped away some of my tears and nodded. No words had to be said but it was as official as if we had said " I do."

" How do you feel?" He asked gently.

I pulled back from his shirt and looked up at him. " I feel so .... so shocked. I never expected this to happen so soon but..." I uttered through my constant tear wiping " There's no better time for us." He nodded in agreement pushing my hair back.

He had something white that I didn't quite catch in his hand. He pinned my hair back with it and smiled. I felt it which was most likely a diamond studded clasp.
" All of the things that you hate about yourself make me happier than you could imagine. You're sensitive and you're delicate. You hate it sometimes but... Its part of who you are as a woman and I adore that."

His knuckles brushed against my shoulder. " You hate your body and instead I love you for it. " A box zipped straight through the kitchen and onto the table. It was a gorgeous white gold necklace. It was dainty and lovely with a teardrop pendant the color of his eyes and he slipped it around my neck and clasped it. "I don't know. For some reason I couldn't wait anymore. It was clear to me that I couldn't wake up every morning to a face other than yours. I don't want another pair of lips like I want yours. I don't want anybody the same way I want you." Lastly he removed a bangle from it's box.

I knew he spent a lot on it. It had our names engraved on the inside of it with 3 delicate blue studded diamonds. He lifted my hand and kissed my hand ever so slightly and pushed back my remaining hair strands that fell around my face. " I don't have the capacity to love anyone like I love you, Zoey." I felt a shiver in my spine almost when the bangle was on.

It fit snugly and didn't dangle at all. He came in for a hug and I let him into my arms. " I didn't think I could marry anyone that wasn't you. Thank you, Zoey." He didn't need to thank me at all but I understood. This was a moment for us. We were married. And he knew I wasn't into big weddings and lots of people because he knew I got flustered. This was better in so many ways.

" You can use the bangle, don't be nervous." I was confused. I looked at the bangle than back at Keith.
" What do you mean?"

" Well, the bangle was enchanted by yours truly. You can practice magic much easier with a power source. You don't have one since you're human but- " My kiss interrupted what he was saying. I couldn't ask any more of him than this.

I pulled back and he looked a little dazed, almost ike a camera that was out of focus. He finally looked back down at me and continued " I made this for you in my lab. Its a power source for you to start practicing magic, and I can't wait to start." Things had to hit rock bottom for us before they got better. And this was definitely worth it.