Chapter 6

*In your eyes by The Weeknd relates to the plot a lot. As soon as Keith looks into Zoey's eyes, he knows and he sees her feelings immediately, which she often tries to avoid by not meeting his gaze entirely. He's scared when she doesn't look at him at all, as he can't  decipher what she's feeling.

I woke up dazed and confused in our bedroom. A deep fear washed over me. Blood... but where? I looked around. It was early morning. Was it just a nightmare? I shook my head out of my hazy state and walked to the bathroom. I wasn't feeling okay at all. My hair was stringy and slightly oily. I was another shade of pale, that was closer to snow than my original skin color. I shimmied out of my pajamas and turned on the cool water. It felt like bliss to my skin, that felt far too warm and... dirty. 

I knew everything. I heard far too much and I wouldn't say a word of it until the time was right. With the force he threw me at the wall with, I would guess he was using me this whole time. He lied about it all. I didn't fully believe that even ... but I also didn't know what he'd been lying about from what he really meant. I kneeled on the shower floor, making sure I made no noise and silently let my tears flow with the cool water. 

To lose someone as precious as him wasn't even heart break. It was torture. I held my body tightly, trying to let out my feelings. Not while we were still together in the same house I wouldn't. I'd almost forgotten that I barely knew what he was capable of. Whatever it was, could kill me. I was willing to risk my life living with a complete stranger than live with my toxic family.  With nobody else to help me. We didn't  trust each other to begin with, if this was the case. I was only keeping things for my safety and because it was necessary and healthy.

 I could have died yesterday-" Zoey can I get in?" I almost had a panic attack, there and than, but that wouldn't help me now. " Yeah!" I called to him. The door opened kind of slowly and I saw him step in. His dark silhouette seemed darker than it really was, only because I saw him for he really was. I quickly and soundlessly got up. I lathered shampoo in my hands and began scrubbing my scalp. He brushed his teeth, which I was grateful for. Any delay was good. I had to gather my thoughts anyway. How would I even approach him? Or... say anything at all. I could just pretend. It was what I was best at, and... maybe it was a stupid thought but I put it off for long enough he would stop.

 Maybe he would tell me everything and we didn't have to love surface level people anymore. Because he had kept so many lies, I had to as well. I had to him and it hurt so much be he seemed to lie uncaringly. He didn't reveal anything about himself that I had found out by just listening to his assistant and when I was passed out in his lab. He was a warlock. And my professor was a witch. He had sex with her while I was half-dead on the table. Her moans were clear in my ears, close to my head. He cheated. And because I just found out, it didn't mean he  didn't do it before.

He stepped in the shower and hugged me. His arms were warm and comforting but, they were the same arms that held other women. He held my teacher the way he held me. But nonetheless, I smiled no matter how bad I was dying inside. " Good Morning." I murmured cheerfully. He chuckled, but my smile faltered because It didn't mean anything. He helped me wash through my hair and wasn't too chatty. I let him play with my hair and hug me. I wished more than ever that it meant anything. " Are you feeling alright?" He asked gently.

 " Yeah." I chuckled sweetly. I turned to face him and looked at him kindly. He crashed his lips into mine with no warning and wrapped me in his arm. I kissed back but giggled as he kissed my neck and chest and forehead. His hair was as dark as ever and charmingly pushed back up his forehead. " Good morning, Zoey. I hope you're doing well. I have something planned for today." I squinted at him " Don't you have work?" He rolled his eyes. 

" I can just say I was feeling sick. But I wanted to spend time with you. I'm taking a week away because this stupid quarantine has given me opportunities." He sighed, acknowledging the good. " But it keeps me from spending actual time with you. And I don't like that." I giggled in disbelief. He did this for us?

" Also I've been dying to shower you with unnecessary presents on your birthday." It was September 17th and my birthday was on the 20th. I gave him a look and he pouted. He didn't have to shower me in presents. He knew I didn't like it already that he was basically my financial crutch while I was doing my online interviews and job hunting. Him buying me expensive presents was sweet, but he knew it would hurt my pride." I can make you breakfast?" I huffed and rolled my eyes. I pulled him closer into a hug. " You're enough you big oof. I love you." His heart began to race for a second.  He felt something physically at least.  

I stood on my tippy-toes and kissed his lips. He was surprised as I would almost never kiss him sometimes but, I was in a fake good mood today so I had to fake it till I made it. Instead of letting it off he pressed for more and pushed me against the shower wall. I let out a weak moan. I was so confused as to how left this went. His lips pressed and continuously fought for dominance and I let him win over and over again. 

I felt him hoist me onto his waist, my bare private pressed against his stomach. I moaned loudly as his tongue stroked my nipples and continuously suckled at them. I moaned over and over until my throat felt raspy. He pushed back the curtain and carried me to bed. We were both ridiculously wet and clearly naked but I just shrugged it off. I tried to playfully fight but I ended up at the bottom. It wasn't a bad thing, I'd just be getting more than I bargained for, which wasn't a bad thing either

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I gently let go of the now wrinkled sheets and moaned one last time before he made me release again. He'd been  head deep for more than a half hour and I knew if I stood I would fall to the ground. I was slightly dizzy but not in a bad way. His predatory gaze was enough to make me wet all over again but he knew I couldn't take much else. We lie in bed and he held me in his arms. I tried to block out all of the negativity but I continued to mentally abuse myself.

He gently stroked my hair and held me close. " Are you okay?" I though for a second. For a moment, my mind was flooded with terrible thoughts. I closed my eyes " Yeah." I mumbled. 

" No, you aren't. And you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Just don't downplay it."  I was silent. He wasn't telling me NOT to lie. He was telling me not to lie if my emotions were too obvious. I rolled my eyes inwardly. He wasn't one to talk. He was still disturbingly pale from a few weeks ago. He could have still been recovering, but I wouldn't know if he never told me I took a deep breath and turned to him " Keith is your given name, if I'm not mistaken?" He looked at me, silently shocked. I placed my hand on his hip, pulling myself closer to him until there was very little space between us. " I'm Expecting you to tell me the truth before I have to figure it all out. Myself, Keith." He looked even paler, and looked closer to blue than gray. He placed his arm around my waist and kissed my forehead. The world went dark, not before hot searing pain cut through my head.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I looked in at the book, while sitting on my stool. She would be passed for 3 days. Page 53 held the latin enchantment for the memory spell I cast on Zoey. I read the caption with a star beside it "*Unccover what was left, fight against the witch and fill them with regret. Use this enchantment wisely, as anyone who it was cast upon everything shall they forget. Once it is done, it is done.*" I looked at the page in disbelief. I wanted her to forget RECENT memories, not everything! I rushed to another shelf of books to figure out what I could do. Fucked up once again, I thought.