Chapter 19

There was a box noted to me on the front step of Chancy's house. It was pretty small and not very heavy either. I took it back to her living room and opened it. A familiar smell almost made my eyes water... It was Keith's Grey sweater, the only one he refused to give me. There was a note under it, in his hand writing and on a beige card.

" From: Keith

I know things have been really distant lately. I kind of caused this, notedly. But, I've been thinking of you a lot and just writing a card seemed lame. I want you to treat this sweater well, because it's yours now. I love you and would do anything if it meant your love was mine again. But I realize you need space, and you need time to understand what happened and make decisions accordingly. Take the time you need and if you're ready, or just want to talk, you know where to find me.

xoxo "

I realized my tears were spilling over the note. I put it back in the box. Without thought, I slipped his sweater over my head. The smell of downy and his light cologne was enough to bring me to tears. His sweater didn't fit me at all. It was a size too big, actually. But I didn't care. When this sweater was on my body, I xould close my eyes and feel his warmth and feel him close to me, ready to pull me in for a kiss. I slipped the note in my pocket and disposed of the box. I joined my evening class, which was an elective class. I knew Chancy was asleep already. I'm certain I would head to Keith's house tomorrow. As anxiety inducing as it was, he wanted to see me, and the feeling was mutual. I just didn't know what would happen. I was still scared but I knew we could at least talk....