Chapter 30

She chanted rapidly in the old language. I was drowning, water filling my lungs quickly. I grabbed her hand and pulled her down so I had the upper hand. I wasn't strong enough. She disappeared in agony. I stared at the bottom of the white bathtub. Betrayal. That wasn't Rinako and she never loved me. My heart hurt. It hurt so bad. I walked passed her, not even acknowledging her presence or any at all. I slipped on a gown and rung my hair dry on the carpet. I twisted it into a bun and dried my neck with a cloth. As bad as it hurt... I felt nothing. My heart was growing colder and colder. It wasn't what I wanted at all but everything that kept happening had made me almost mad.

" I'm so sorry, Naehyun. The last and strongest demon you encountered for your tier wasn't the whistler. It was a demon that reflected your deepest desire." I never turned to face her. I stood as is, eyeing my things.

" Look, you weren't strong-"

" Get out." I whispered.

She was frustrated and angry but mostly confused " What? How dare you-"

" Get out!" I cried. My knees gave out from under me. I was weak. And being anything more wasn't possible. My deepest desire wasn't Rinako. My deepest desire was to love and be loved, no matter who it was. I screamed, scratching at the wall in pain. My tears and cries rang throughout the room and throughout the hallway. My hand clawed at my heart. My cursed heart. " Just go away. Please." I murmured, my voice tight and strained.

She repaired my door with the flick of her hand and closed it.

My hands shook uncontrollably. None of it was real. I wiped my tears away and ran upstairs, back into my training room.

I closed the door. Someone entered behind me. Darius. His sweet smile and his physique. His locks were pulled back and he looked at me. I dropped to my knees in front of him, leaning against his pant leg. He stroked my hair and head as tears streamed down my face. He lifted me from the ground and held me in his arms thinking he got me. His lips attempted to meet my own but he was obliterated before anything happened. Love was a bitter thing. I had such low defenses that I actually thought I was in love. That someone actually loved me. I had now finished my tier of training. I backed out of the room quickly and ran further upstairs to the infirmary. The door was always open and it was managed by hannah, a witch more like my sister. Shee held a swab with a solvent and Rinako hissed. The cuts on her face weren't deep, but they wouldn't heal normally. I stepped in, nervously. Her eyes met my own and looked at me, expressionlessly. " Sorry about earlier. I should've thanked you." I stared at my feet. " I was just... Really disappointed, that was all."

Rinako waved Hannah away for a moment. " I know, Naehyun. You need help and I mean in the sense that you want real love so bad that you don't care where its coming from. I'm worried that your need for affection is what could be clouding your judgement and what's delaying your training. " I had nothing to say in response. 

She grabbed a bandaid and placed it over her cut and pat it in place. " I suggest you stop looking for someone to hold and instead look for a friend. I'll throw you a life line here. " She grumbled, sighing " By building a friendship, you and the other party can become more if the time in the future presents itself. If not, respect their boundaries and stay friends." I thought about it.

" And please... It pains me. I know what that demon and you had for less than a day was probably the most action you've gotten in a long time but gosh, try not to be so desperate. "

I looked to the floor, my gaze unmoving. She stood and grabbed my hand. " If it's sex you're after though, that's not a problem. There are parties that witches have with the demons, which is risky. The parties with the vampires are much better. "

She lifted my chin to meet her own gaze. " You will have the time of your life." She ensured. A dark gaze came across her features " But stay away from the Purebred vampires. They're form of pleasure is... Sinister at best. They will pass you around and if they like you, they'll keep you as their pet. Or worse. You'll know them when you see them."

I rubbed the back of my neck. Desperation was in my genes at this point. She slipped me a black and gold bracelet that was up her sleeve and told me to go away. The fact that my strict coven leader gave me advice on the best parties told me more about her than I'd like to know.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I decided that simple earrings would be the way to go, after a half an hour of indecisiveness. I stuck to a pair of black platform converse that gave me about an inch. I wore a spaghetti strap  dress that missed my knees by at least 3 and a half inches. I ended up ditching my bra since the dress was so tight at my chest with my bra on.

The dress hugged my breasts in a flattering manner so I didn't complain. A knock came through my door. " Hey, its Mina, I'm coming in!" I tried to run but the door opened and there was silence between us. She scanned me up and down. Hsr lips were parted, something of a devious smile was switching on and off of them. She closed the door behind her. " Vamp trap tonight?" I nodded. She smiled almost wickedly.

" Well, you look good but..." She grabbed a knife and approached me. She gently sliced open the fabric under both my breasts. Than again, but just under my nipples. She grabbed a gauzy yet traditional jacket and threw it on me. It was a Hanbok that looked more like a crop top. She pushed a strap off of my shoulder and nodded, looking as if she was proud of her work. " Now you look delectable. " We both chuckled.

" Do you know the rules?" I looked at her dumbly.

" What happens there, stays there. Try to steer clear of the purebreds. And lastly, anyone and everyone is free game." I nodded, unaware until she pointed them out. I shifted up my dress but gasped as my nipples became visible. Mina chuckled and fixed the dress for me. Mina grabbed a bikini top and a pair of my shorts. She was coming with, I guessed. She tied her hair up in a bun. My hair was loose, which was okay. It was really long and covered my body up until my waist. I put a clip in my hair so everything wasn't in my face.
.
.
.
.
.
.

At first I was confused. We got out of our car and there was a door that was ajar. One of those handleless doors. I followed Mina's lead. We ran down 5 flights of stairs and the heavy bass and cheers and moans filled the air around us. The white walls were brick and heavy from what I could tell. I went first.

A guy with Pale blue eyes and a warm tone grabbed my wrist and almost shu'ed me in. He let Mina in without the blink of an eye. The strobe lights were all gray and red. The rest of the room was dark and I could see bodies dancing. I could also see to my right closest to the bar that everyone was having sex. No matter what it was it didn't matter. There were entire orgys happening behind the bar.

I could see the purebreds in the back, feeling on each other. The strap of fabric covering my breasts was ripped off. Mina made sure of that. I looked at her, stunned. She chuckled back at me " Silly, you think that they were supposed to stay on? Not if you want to fuck the hottest guy at this party!" I was confused until I saw him, staring at me. My mouth dropped open.