Chapter 14

I sat at the table, doing nothing. Thinking of nothing. Numbness was all and I couldn't feel for weeks. Everything seemed to hurt.

I pushed not 1, but 3 people away. Naehyun was gone and I was certain she wouldn't come back. As much as everyone cared, she wanted more than that. Alice tidied than disappeared. She didn't want to talk either. But I couldn't help it if Zo didn't want to see me anymore. She almost died here. I treated her poorly, despite the demon. And I couldn't do anything about it. It was so wrong of me to want her after making her life a living hell but what could I do?

I walked down to the basement. It was close to a month after she left. I was worried but she needed time and If she didn't want to see me, that was fine. I wasn't ready to face her either. I closed the door behind me. If we could ever work, I had to limit my power by a lot or gain better control, neither of which were easy.
.
.
.
.
I knocked gently at the acacia wood door and waited. I hadn't gone over to Vanessa's house before. But here I was. She unlocked the door and opened it. She wore pink 2 piece pajamas with a small heart sewn into her breast pocket and slippers. The simplest person I knew.

I looked in a little " Is Michael here?" She beckoned me in and locked the door behind me. I followed her into the living room. She had paintings strewn all over her walls. She even had a painting painted on her wall. It was hyper realistic. Michael lounged in the dining room, sipping his sprite.

He looked up at me and instead of his normal gaze, something about me caught his eye and he stood. " What happened to you?" He asked slowly. " Possessed." He quickly sat down and I sat next to him.

" No bullshit, Michael... I need your help."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

" Chancy I'm napping in your bed, most likely? Naked." She wasn't paying attention before but she met my eyes. " Girl, you hate your body, I'm not sure why you'd ever get naked if it wasn't to shower. " I stopped, my face falling. She was right. " I'll eat all of your fruit snacks than!" I chuckled, looking back.

Chancy put her phone down and stood in front of me, meeting my eyes. " That is were my love stops." I burst into laughter. Fruit snacks were eaten religiously at her place. She pushed me and I pushed her back playfully. She was hilarious, in her own right.

She plopped back onto the couch as we waited for our ice cream to arrive." So." I looked up " I matched with this girl..." I gave out a loud sigh. We would probably get into it again." Chance. I love you. That being said, I think you need a break from humans." She frowned, almost whimpering and whining with the occasional complaint. But it was true.

She got taken advantage of most of the time. I didn't want that for her nor for herself. She had to live by herself. Her family didn't accept her for who she was as a person. I stared at her last supper painting, all of the men repainted as women, eating cake and drinking tea and looked back at her. She got a very distant look in her eyes, the one that I knew would bring an array of emotions

. She put her phone to the side and I sat up, alert. I instantly moved to her side and pushed her hair away. " Tell me, Chancy. " Her big brown eyes had a pinkish lining as she looked away from me. " I know this'll sound like a joke but" she sniffled, her nose slightly congested " I went food shopping and... I saw a guy... And something about him was so different."

She closed her eyes and let her tears glide down her warm cheeks " Zoey, I felt for him what I only feel for girls..." She held her head in her hands. I hugged her to me and stroked her back and I comforted her in the best way I could. " Chancy... If you felt that way it doesn't make you any less of who you already are. If you felt like that, it could be a number of things. You could like boys."

" You could like both, all or any gender. Either way, it only matters what you like. I'm here no matter what." She was a crier and it was okay. She let her frustrations out that way. I just got on edge sometimes because I thought I might not consider my words well in such a quick moment. I rubbed her back and kept hugging her. I'd probably end up feeding her fruit snacks as well because they were her "sadness snack" I remembered.