Chapter 33

He immediately regretted teaching me to break things and make them whole. I began shattering every mirror in our home and fixing it, giggling at my progress. " Let me know when you're done breaking mirrors because I want to go out with you." I stopped and looked back at him, surprised. I remembered that was similar to what he said when we first started dating. That he was tired of us avoiding the fact that we were in love with each other. I did but I shied away, because I didn't know if I was ready for a relationship.

I waited, reaching for his hand. He held it and searched my eyes for anything. " I want to go out with you too. I'm available now and by the way, what do you think I should wear?" He shrugged in response.

" Something nice but something comfortable? I don't like the idea of getting totally dressed up." I pulled him into our room. I began stripping down and opened the closet door. I opened a drawer and slipped on a low-cut long sleeved black shirt. Leggings were a must, as it was 40°, not super cold, but cold enough.

My gray overall dress just covered my knees but it was comfortable and lovely. Beside me Keith pulled a black turtleneck over his head. He sat and put on dark jeans, as he normally would've. The cardigan I had was a different yet darker gray with a blueish tone. It looked thick and warm, protecting me from the cold and stylish.

" You look warm." He murmured, smiling ever so softly. I glared at him and he burst out in laughter. He walked over, smiling sweetly.  " You look so-" as soon as he got close to me, his demeanor changed and his palm was below my jaw, kissing along my neck. I let out a sharp moan at first because I didn't expect it but I calmed myself as he slippied his other arm around my waist
"   Edible, Zoey. I just want a taste-" I sucked in a sharp breath at his warm tongue snaked up my collar. I could feel myself succumbing to him little by little and my legs slowly weakened at his grip. His hand slipped down and gripped my bottom. I could feel his smile at every kiss and bite and I knew that he enjoyed every moment of it, but it also dawned on me that I actually had the upper hand because my hands were cold. He would let go to look at me, and from there I could move in. Maybe. He wasn't always predictable. " Mhhmm, weren't we supposed to go out on a date? Can't we finish what we've started after dinner?" His lips paused than retreated. " Of course. Maybe I was so rough because you looked so cute. Self-control didn't feel like an option. Let's go." I nodded, making myself dizzy.

He opened the door on the right behind him and walked around to the left, sliding into the drivers. I sat down and buckled myself in and closed the door.

I remembered sitting here and feeling ready to cry because my parents were so toxic that I had to leave. Now I was happy and they were gone. Did this have to happen for me to feel anything even remotely good? Was the dream that I had and the way it played out the reason my parents did that? I had no way of telling.
" Zoey look at me." I faced him.

He just knew. Not like reading your mind, but he could read me so easily " Zoey, you're overthinking again." His hands slipped around the back of my neck and his head ended up resting on my own " I know everything happening has been insane... And that's why I wanted to go out with you, for us to get a break from all of the insane stuff. Together." He whispered, emphasizing and almost making me chuckle. " I know. Let's go and I'll do my best, okay?'' as he drove I held onto his hand and tried my best to be present, just as he wanted... And just as I needed.