Ring

Gold sat in her office reading a contract. she sipped from a wine glass and put it down. 

She pulled out her watch and looked at the time. 11:29 late. She let out a breath. Gold put the unsigned contract in the drawer. 

She walked out of the office and walked to her room. A clean room but not decorated.

She slid into bed and closed her eyes but something seemed off. Her eyes bolted open and she screamed. She threw her blanket of of her and quickly got up. She screamed in pain and fell on the floor. 

She had a cane for a reason. 

When Rumeenah was born she was born with a shattered knee cap. Her father had tried to fix it with magic but it didn't work. A constant spell was required. Now that there was no magic? 

She Took her cane and went as fast as she could into the bathroom. Gold stood there in front of her mirror looking at her skin. Rubbing her face to see if it was real. 

She stopped and took a deep breath. her eyes widened and she put her hand over her mouth in disbelief. 

Nixie was alive. 

*******************************************************

Nixie woke up and went into town. She looked around at different shops and houses. She stopped at one called 'Gold's Pawn Shop'. Nixie walked into the shop. A bell on the door rang. 

Nixie looked around the shop looking a the different antiques. She stopped in front of an old painting. 

Nixie stared at the painting of two ducks in a pond. 

"beautiful is it not?" Nixie gasped as she heard a voice behind her. 

"sorry I didn't mean to frighten you." gold said apologizing.

"oh its my fault this place is just so fascinating." Nixie smiled

"Well, you must be in here for a reason so what can I help you with?" Rumeenah said her eyes were empty from trying to suppress her heart. 

"Oh. Its kinda silly." Nixie said smiling. 

"well, humor me." Rumeenah smiled slightly. 

"Well, I felt drawn in by something." Nixie held her purse tighter. "Silly I know." Nixie said. She didn't know what was wrong with her. Her heart fluttered. Her heart fluttered to a stranger. 

Rumeenah smirked. "I don't think its silly at all. There are so many things in this world we can't understand. I wouldn't be surprised if Something called your name." 

Rumeenah's gut turned from Nixie's smile. A smile so beautiful that even the miserable couldn't help but to smile. 

They looked into each others eyes. Nixie eyes flashed to the ground and she blushed. 

"What's that?" Nixie said moving to a display of rings. 

"ah. You have good eye. These are genuine gold rings." Rumeenah said opening the case.

"May I try one on?" she asked. 

Rumeenah nodded and carefully placed one on her ring finger. 

"what do you think?" Rumeenah asked.

"How much is it?" Nixie asked.

"Thirty dollars dearie." Rumeenah smiled. 

'actually it's a hundred-twenty.'

"ill take it." Nixie said. 

She handed her the money and blurted out. "would you wanna go out sometime?" Nixie asked. 

"I beg your pardon?" Rumeenah said quickly as her heart leaped out of her chest. 

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean" Nixie flustered. 

"Yes! I mean, I would love that." Rumeenah spoke. 

"The dinner at seven. Candle dinner?" Nixie asked. 

"Oh, sure. ill meet you there."