Somewhere Awful

Nixie was out getting supplies and Rumeenah was writing a spell. She had different types of spellbooks all over the counter. The curse she was looking for was very specific, and deadly. 

Her father would tell her stories about the dark curse. He had made a great plan to get his son back. Now she will get her father back.

Rumeenah picked up a spell book and a note fell out. She looked at it and then took a knife and cut the palm of her hand. She closed her fist and blood fell on the note. The blood moved to form words. 

Blood magic was the cause. Only people who cast the spell or are related can use it to reveal things. 

Rumeenah used magic on the scroll and kept it in a safe place. 

Rumeenah moved from the chair and sat on the floor with her legs crossed. She put her hands in front of her with her palms open. 

She was able to see bits and pieces into the future from seeir blood. Although she couldn't see the whole future. It was like a puzzle. It gives you some pieces but the rest must be found on their own. 

Nixie came in the door. She moved cautiously. "Would you like me to clean off the table?" Nixie asked.

Rumeenah's brows furrowed. "I'm trying to focus." She said. "Just be quiet." 

Nixie nodded. She start to clean up quietly. About twenty minutes went by and Rumeenah got up and went to the table. 

Nixie poured her some tea. 

"Anything else you need me to do?" Nixie asked as she held a teacup. 

"Get my apron. I need to skin some children." Rumeenah said sipping her tea. 

Nixie gasped and dropped the cup. 

"Kidding dearie." Rumeenah said. 

Nixie picked up the teacup. "I-um its-ah chipped." Nixie said showing it to her. 

Rumeenah's eyes narrowed. "So, its just  cup?" She said. Nixie put the cup down. Rumeenah stood up and walked outside.

She knew that her herself could not cast the curse. Someone else would have to. She followed the path over the River.

She knew the perfect person the cast the curse. But she had to to somewhere. Somewhere awful. Rumeenah followed the river. She heard birds flying away at the sound of her footsteps. a small cardinal stared at her. She stopped and stared at it. The cardinal flew away. Rumeenah kept walking. Soon she reached a small cottage.

*******************************************************

Nixie sat in her room. She had no clue what to do or how to help. She knew the girl she talked to before wasn't the real Rumeenah...or was it? Maybe that was Rumeenah except all her fears and insecurites vanquished? Maybe she could help get back who that was? But would her fear take over Nixie? 

Nixie knows how powerful she really is. Nixie knows that she might be too cowardly. And Rumeenah might choose the power over her. What did she even have to offer? Rumeenah has magic. What does she have?

Nixie laid on her bed. She glanced over the mirror. She could have sworn she had seen something. Nixie scrolled threw her phone. Soon she drifted off to sleep.