The date

"You did what?" Eliza asked covering her mouth. 

They sat in Eliza's house. They had become friends and talked after they met.

"What's wrong with gold? She is honestly very cute." Nixie spoke and Eliza shook her head. 

"she is the devil!" Eliza grabbed Nixie's arm. 

"what do you mean?" Nixie was confused from Eliza's statement. Every time Nixie even looked at gold her heart fluttered. 

"she came here when she was eight and her father owned everything. He was terrible. When he left she was just like her father." Eliza breath shook as she spoke.

*******************************************************

Nixie nervously tapped her fingers on the table. Eliza was on the counter serving other customers. Nixie was early to the date. Her thoughts raced in her head as she waited for gold. 

Is she really evil? 

Is she even coming? 

In the middle of her thinking the door opened and gold stepped in. Nixie's face glowed. She smiled at gold and gold walked over. 

"You are early." Rumeenah smiled. She sat down.

"I couldn't wait." Nixie looked at Rumeenah's clothing. She wore a completely black suit with leather shoes. 

Eliza walked over with a notepad and a pencil. "What can I get you started with tonight?" Eliza looked with fear in Rumeenah's cold dead eyes. 

"what would you like dearie?" Rumeenah asked Nixie breaking eye contact with Eliza. 

"Can you get me lasagna and a glass of red wine, Eliza?" Nixie beamed. 

"Certainly." she looked at gold. "And you?" 

"chicken breast and a the wine please." Rumeenah said with her attitude dropping When talking to Eliza. 

She looked back at Nixie and it rose up again. "Ill bring it out for you soon." Eliza left.

"how are you doing?" Nixie asked. 

"You don't have to do that." Rumeenah smiled.

"Do what?" Nixie's brows furrowed. 

"Small talk. I can tell somethings on your mind." Rumeenah spoke and Nixie chuckled. 

"Am I that easy to read?" Nixie laughed. "I heard you are kind of a bad person."

Rumeenah sighed. "I see my reputation proceeds me." Rumeenah looked at Nixie.

 "I treat others how they treat me. And they have always treated me like trash." 

Eliza came over to the table with their food. 

"the wine is extra." Eliza said. 

"of course it is." Rumeenah sighed. 

Eliza smiled at Nixie then left. 

They continued talking and eating. Enjoying each others company. 

Then someone walked in. Rumeenah. Felt a warm hand on her shoulder. Her smile turned to a dead pan face. 

"Hello gold, my sweetheart." Hane smiled and leaned over.

"How many times must I tell you? Get. Lost." Rumeenah spoke through her teeth. 

"Ooo. Feisty! I love it." Hane continued.

"I'm sorry who are you?"Nixie asked. 

" I'm Hane. I'd say its a pleasure, but it really is not" 

"Hane, if you want any deal in the future, I suggest leaving." Rumeenah scolded Hane. 

Hane scoffed "fine." They looked at Nixie. "Watch your back." Hane blew a kiss to Rumeenah and left.

"sorry about them." Rumeenah grabbed her neck.

"A crazy ex?" Nixie asked.

"Something like that." 

Rumeenah paid for the meal and her and Nixie walked around the park.

"This place is beautiful." Nixie spoke looking at the starry night. 

"It reminds me of where I grew up." Rumeenah gazed into the stars. 

Nixie hummed and looked at Rumeenah. Rumeenah looked down from the stars.

Nixie leaned in closer. 

"Gold!" A voice called. Rumeenah snapped her head over. "for heavens sakes." She muttered. 

"Can I help you?" She yelled sarcastically. 

A blonde stood there, leaning to her side. On her jacket was a sheriff star. 

"I need to ask some questions." 

Rumeenah scoffed and looked at Nixie. "I'm sorry. Ill make it up to you." 

*******************************************************

"we almost kissed." Nixie mumbled to herself sitting on her bed, hugging a pillow with both arms and legs.

She smiled. 

'We almost kissed'