Share It

Koi can be selfish. Koi is always wanting. Vote. Comment. Thanks.

When Kiara got home from school, she realized that her grandma had been home and that she had missed her.

Disappointment filled the teen as she read over the note her grandma had left on her desk. It was a simple letter, in it her grandma told her to call her, told her to clean up the house (don't leave dirty dishes in the sink), and to go grocery shopping (there wasn't any food in the fridge or cabinets) and to not eat out so much. There was a check attached she knew her grandma expected her to go cash and use as funds.

She would have much preferred her grandma telling her all these things in person. She really missed the woman. The note also explained that 'Mrs. Rivers', her boss's mother' wasn't feeling too well and her family was really busy with work, meaning her grandma would have to spend more time than she already did taking care of her.

Kiara let out a breath, both exhausted and heavy hearted. She dropped her bag on the floor and stumbled over to her bed as she kicked off her boots. She dropped face down onto the unmade bed. Her stomach pinched with hunger, reminding her she needed to eat. She groaned softly, not wanting to get up.

That day had been rough for the girl. First, Leon still wasn't talking to her. She had tried to make eye contact with him in the halls, but he had ignored her. Everyone was gossiping about them, and having that much attention on her had always annoyed her. Then she had completely floundered the situation with Nolan.

She picked herself up off the bed, deciding to go find something to eat. Her phone chimed from where she had left it on her desk, so she wandered over to it. She noticed that there was another letter from her mother sitting on the desk, her disappointment about missing her grandma had made her overlook it.

"Great, just what I need - the cherry on top of a shit day sundae." She complained softly to herself. She ignored the letter for the sake of getting her phone. There she found a single one word text from Leon.

'Hi'

She wasn't even angry about the one word acknowledgement he had given her after days of ignoring her, but instead found herself relieved. A weight lifted off her chest and shoulders. She smiled to herself, and she was just about to reply when the doorbell rang downstairs.

She headed towards the door and when she opened it, she was stunned to find Nolan standing on the other side looking like he was just about to run away. A part of her knew he would come, but that part of her she had learned was arrogant and was actually wrong more often than not.

"Nolan!" She said, her surprise clear. "You came! Come in!" She said quickly, sensing that he was about to make an excuse and dip.

He hesitatingly stepped inside. "I...promised to be your tutor. I shouldn't just back out of it because..." He trailed off.

Kiara smiled. "That's really nice of you," she said, tone heavy with disbelief. She felt pleased though, very, very pleased.

The blonde turned red. "Y-Yeah..."

She grabbed his hand, which was reaching for the back of his neck, and tugged him towards the stairs and up them. "I was just thinking about how much of a pain doing my homework was going to be." She glanced back over her shoulder at him and beamed. "It should be more enjoyable with you here."

Once in her bedroom, she let go of his hand and went over to her bed and sat on it. She looked back at him expectantly where he still stood near the door. He looked like a spooked animal, unsure about how to handle a new situation. She giggled. His eyes, which had been looking around her room, snapped back to her at the sound.