Breaking

Vote. Comment. Thanks. 

"Candance's house always smells like cats and blueberries," Kiara complained, shuddering at the combination, "tell me why it's her house we're getting ready at again?"

Leon chuckled, turning the car onto the street where Candance's house sat. The street was lined by big, fancy houses, circular driveways housing expensive cars, and manicured lawns. They had to be let in through a gate of all things. Not even Leon lived in a gated community.

"Her house smells normal to me." He grabbed her ankle where she had it up with her legs crossed in the seat, with a childish grin and laugh.

"Stop that!" She pinched his wrist until he let her go. "And of course you wouldn't notice, you guys have a cat too."

Leon paused. "Wait, are you trying to say my house smells like cat piss?" Kiara didn't answer. Her grandma said if she didn't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all. She almost laughed at Leon's horrified expression. "Really, Kiki, it smells like a cat? It's my damn brother's cat, he hardly ever changes the litter in the litter box." He grumped. "No wonder you don't like to come over."

They both knew it was more than the smell of cat that kept her from coming over to his house.

She didn't bother to say anything else on the topic. They arrived at Candace's house a few moments later. The cars lining the driveway told them that their other friends had already arrived, and that they were once again the last ones to arrive.

Tonight, their group of friends were going to go out to a club. It was the usual club they went to, which was owned by Kent's cousin. The man, she always forgets his name and just calls him smoky (he smells like an ashtray), doesn't care that none of them aren't 21, but makes Kent promise that they'll not cause trouble and that they're all at least 18. Kent just forgot to mention that both Candace and Lea were still 17.

It wasn't any of Kiara's business either way. If Kent wanted to mess things up for his cousin, so be it.

"Look who's late - again!" Holden called out obnoxiously as soon as he opened the front door. "Can you mother fuckers ever be on time?" Kiara rolled her eyes right in the boy's round face.

"Shut the fuck up," Leon elbowed past his friend. Kiara ignored Holden completely as she followed Leon inside. He grated on her nerves with his jokes and over all childish behavior.

"Fine ignore me!"

The couple did just that. Kiara kissed Leon on the cheek before she headed towards the spiral staircase that she knew would lead her up to Candance's room.

"Tell them not to take all fucking day getting ready, Kiki!" Leon called after her.

"I'll try!" She laughed, knowing it was a lost cause already. Her friends took forever to get ready, she didn't understand why even though she was right there with them most of the time. She heard Leon cussing Holden out as they headed towards the den, where she knew the other boys likely were.

"Look who's late again!" Lea sang at the sight of her once she pushed Candace's bedroom door open.

"How in the hell am I late if you two aren't even ready yet?" Kiara had dressed and gotten ready at home. She was pretty sure Lea and Candace had a sleepover or something. She remembered their half-assed attempt at inviting her the day before. Lea and Candace were her friends, but it was clear that the two girls were closer to one another than to her. Kiara was one hundred percent sure the bitches talked about her behind her back.