Nothing

Vote. Comment. Thanks.

Nolan was struggling, it was plain to see. Kiara wasn't trying to hurt him or anything like that, but she had made their boundaries and kept her wall up between her feelings and Nolan for a reason. Things would get more messier than they already were if they went and inserted deeper feelings than what was already there into the equation.

She guessed she was kidding herself thinking a sweet guy like Nolan would be able to keep it 'professional'. If she was honest with herself, however she would say it wasn't only Nolan's personality that made it impossible. She had her hand in the mess as well. She had seen the way he had begun to look at her, but she had still allowed him to hold her after they fucked, she had shared personal things about herself with him and he with her, and they even went on 'dates'. She had seen how her keeping their relationship confined to his or her bedroom had begun to affect him, so she had suggested they go out every now again. They only ever went to one place and that was the 24 hour gym a county over. It was the only place open the time of night in which they spent time together and she knew it was very unlikely for them to run into anyone they knew there.

Not only had these 'dates' quieted Nolan's jealousy for a while, but it had also helped make Nolan's previous pencil like physic into something more...muscular. A runner's body, she described it when she sometimes just watched him be completely unaware that she was watching him.

He had begun to look really good lately, so much so that one of her loud mouthed friends had commented on it over lunch. It struck Kiara, her heart had dropped down to her stomach at the girl's words. That was why she didn't like the idea of him alone with the 'viki girl', she had noticed the way she looked at Nolan.

Her anxiousness over the whole thing ruined her date with Leon. Her not dumb boyfriend could tell she wasn't into it, which put him in a bad mood because he couldn't understand why. It was a tense night with Leon brooding and she waiting for Nolan to text her back - which he did not.

The following morning, there was no breakfast shared between Leon and she. Instead, the boy she loved left as soon as he woke up, attitude still sour from the night before. She had left right after him, rushing over to Nolan's.

He had greeted her at the door with no smile, but they had still ended up entwined around each other not even three minutes later - barely making it to his bedroom. She had felt so relieved as he ravished her like the day before's argument didn't happen. She told herself sex made everythng better and this proved it. Or so she thought.

After they had finished and they laid in bed, she didn't budge. She had promised him more than just sex after all. She thought he would pull her to him like he normally would have to cuddle, but instead his fingers petted the warmed flesh of her shoulder, but he made no other effort to make contact.

She opened her eyes and looked at him, the bliss she was feeling evaporating at the look on his face. Or rather, the lack of a look on his face.

She frowned softly. He was not looking at her, not really. His eyes were focused on the top of her head. He was still upset.

"How was your night?" She decided to say rather than call him out.

He blinked down at her, like he had forgotten she was there. "It was fine."

Kiara took note of the short reply and lack of eye contact. She sat up on her arms, her eyes sweeping over Nolan quickly. Her gaze froze on a red mark on his neck - a hickey - she combed through her mind trying to remember if she had been the one to give him that or not. She couldn't remember clearly, their intimacy with one another usually blending together in a lustful blur.