Whatever

Vote. Comment. Thanks.

Nolan was exhausted. His lack of energy was to be expected of someone who stayed up until the wee hours of the morning before having to get up and come to school the next day, so his own exhaustion didn't surprise him. His options were limited, the other guy had her first and he had to wait until he left before he came over. Then, on top of that, there was the whole Kiara being insatiable thing.

He blinked drowsily up at the ceiling of the auditorium, his head leaned back against the padded backrest of the seat. The theater hall was just starting to fill up with the other more noisier seniors for the assembly called by the principal to discuss 'senior' things. He didn't really know or care. He didn't exactly have the money to spend on the extra crap. The senior fees were enough to irritate him alone.

"Earth to Nolan? Are you even listening to us?" He picked his head up to look at his friends. Victoria, who had spoken rolled her eyes at him, while Jack and Sam looked mildly insulted that he was in fact, not listening.

"Uh...What? Sorry..." He apologized sheepishly, eye bouncing between his three friends. "What were we talking about?"

Jack and Sam shared identical looks of amused annoyance, identical because that was exactly what they were, identical twins. While Tori frowned at him in concern.

"You've been offly spacy lately, Nol." Jack commented. "We're worried." He didn't sound concerned, Nolan could actually hear the amusement in his voice. He found out why a second later when Sam spoke, picking up on his brother's thought process.

"Yeah, we've all been wondering should we all pitch in and get you a helmet if you're going to make walking into poles a normal thing now." The younger twin said around a snort, his words getting laughs from the other two.

Nolan rolled his eyes. He had walked into a pole ONE time (the other time had been a wall, so it didn't count) over a month ago and none of his friends had let him live it down yet. "Very funny, Thing 2." The only blonde in the group of friends said sullenly as he slumped down in his chair. "When are you guys going to stop bringing that up?"

"When you stop walking around like your head is on another planet." Jack chimed in, pushing his brother's arm off their shared armrest. Sam glared at his twin sharply with dark eyes, and just like that an elbow fight commenced between the two.

Nolan hadn't ever been so glad for the twins short attention span before. He turned his gaze to Tori to find he wasn't home free just yet. Over the last couple of months, Tori had changed her hair from green highlights to completely pink hair. He thought it looked nice on her, the color complimenting her sandy skin tone.

The girl was still frowning at him. "Is it your mom?" She asked quietly, leaning closer to him in their adjacent chairs to whisper and not be overheard. She turned towards him in her seat, sitting cross legged in the seat. Victoria was even smaller than Kiara, which was really saying something considering Kiara was so tiny.

Nolan paused. It wasn't as if he was going to tell Tori or any of his friends the truth. He knew they wouldn't approve, especially Tori. She often motherhenned him and was known to worry a lot about her friends. He also remembered the amount of disdain his best friend had in her tone when she spoke about Kiara months ago when he had lied and told her he didn't know why Kiara had met him in the library those two times she had caught them together. She had been convinced the other girl was up to no good. He was sure Tori would consider what he and Kiara did almost every night as 'no good'.

He simply nodded his head, not wanting to speak his lie aloud. Victoria knew about his mom, not what happened to her at the hands of his father, but she knew he had to take care of her sometimes and missed school because of it.