Show You

Vote. Comment. Thanks.

Leon was being clingy. He usually got that way when he was sick or didn't feel good. She guessed still being sore from his fight counted as well. He currently had his bruised face pressed into her stomach as he hugged her waist and laid on top of her on her bed, as his muffled voice complained about the trouble he had gotten into with his parents because of the fight and his two-day suspension because of it.

Kiara was lost in thought, her mind still whirling with what Nolan had told her. It had been a day, but she still hadn't brought it up to Leon. She was sure how or if she really wanted too. The discussion would without a doubt ruin everything. It had already ruined everything for her, but the reality hadn't sunk in deep yet.

"Why aren't you petting my hair?" He complained with a playful whine. "You know I like that. I'm suffering here KiKi. I get not wanting to do anything with your grandma being home but..." He frowned at her, his joking tone faded towards the end, apparently finally noticing something was off. His eyes narrowed. "What's wrong with you?" He sat up fully. "You're not still mad at me over the other day, are you?" He huffed. "I already got enough grief from my folks, I don't need to be brow beaten by you too. It's not the big of a deal."

Kiara avoided eye contact and leaned further back into her headboard. She could smell the smell of cubed steak and mashed potatoes rafting up from downstairs, seeping in through the cracked bedroom door. She could even hear the gospel music her grandma had playing downstairs as she worked. The woman seemed to be feeling better, which made Kiara, who had been very worried, breathe a little easier. Her grandma hardly ever let not feeling well stop her from doing anything, so she knew it had to be serious for her grandma to leave work early. But that seemed to be over now, and now the woman was downstairs cooking and singing. Leon had come over and was needy, she usually liked it when he was needy, the sun was shining outside, and she hadn't gotten a letter from her mom in over a week. It was a good day. She didn't want to ruin it. But the idea that Leon didn't really love her wouldn't leave her head, wouldn't leave her alone.

"Are you gay?" She found the blunt question leaving her lips without thinking if there was a better way of going about this.

Leon stared at her blankly, like he hadn't heard her correctly. "What in the hell are you talking about?" He was looking at her with bewildered disbelief. "Why in the hell would you ask me that?" She just stared at him, her heart pounding. Her heart was pounding so hard it felt as if her whole body was vibrating. She forced herself to look him dead in the eye, so she knew the moment he realized she wasn't joking or simply being a bitch. His eyes went wide and suddenly he looked...afraid. "W-why? Why are you asking me that?"

Kiara's thudding heart sank and her throat felt tight.

"No," he finally answered her after she said nothing for a long time. "No, I'm not gay." He said firmly. "You of all people should know that."

She bit her lip. Leon's eye contact and the firm way he said it, made her believe him. For a fleeting moment she thought maybe Nolan had lied, made up the whole story, but she knew he hadn't.

Leon stared at her hard. "Are you going to tell me where this is coming from?"

She didn't really want to bring Nolan into this, but the blonde hadn't said she couldn't. She sighed. "Do...do you have a thing for Nolan? Is that why you won't leave him alone?"

Leon's face seemed to pale and his lips parted, but he did not speak. He finally looked away from her, his face scrunching up and his jaw ticking. "He told you," he mumbled softly after a minute. He got up off her bed angrily and began to pace. It was ironic how Nolan had done the same thing just a day prior. He raked his fingers through his hair in a show of nervousness she hadn't ever seen him display. "I was a kid." He said finally. "I'm not gay. I'm physically attracted to you, you know that. And you are definitely not a guy."