𝟏𝟕

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧─── DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
─── DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧─── DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD!

            JULES STILINSKI KNEW. She just knew her brother was up to something strange.  From the late nights getting home, only to sneak out as soon as their father went to sleep, to the suspicious way he acted at the school less than two hours ago. She couldn't stop thinking about how Scott and Stiles blatantly lied to them, and it wasn't just tonight. They'd been coming up with lies every day since that frigid January night, and Jules had no idea what it was. Stiles and Scott didn't use to be the types to stay out all night. They were the ones who'd stay in all weekend and play Halo unnaturally loud until four in the morning, or until their dad would barge into his room and yell until they went to sleep. They were never the kind to get themselves locked in the school, running from god knows what. And Jules knew, whatever odd thing Scott and Stiles got themselves into, Orion was a part of it.

Jules wanted to give the Sinclair girl the benefit of the doubt. Orion was her best friend, her oldest friend, but she couldn't dismiss the looks Scott and Stiles were giving her or the obvious lies she'd told. As small as they were, they were starting to pile up, and Jules couldn't help but feel betrayed.

And she would be dammed if she wasn't going to get to the bottom of whatever the hell the three of them had got themselves into.

Jules anxiously chewed on her fingernails, her back resting upon the beige wallpaper of the narrow hallway. Her other arm was folded against her chest, her wet hair wrapped up neatly in a white towel. She hummed softly to herself as she waited for the sound of water to fill her ears, gently tapping her head against the wall. Jules couldn't stop thinking; about Lydia, about her dad, about Derek Hale, about her brother, about the animalistic sounds she knew she heard.

None of it made sense. At least to Jules. How could Derek Hale been the one in the school, chasing them around with the intent of murdering them when Jules swore she heard something growl? Jules wasn't actually versed on what animals make specific types of sounds, but she knew what she heard wasn't human──yet Scott and Stiles assured them it was. The heavy footsteps, the loud snarls, the howling──