𝟎𝟗

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞─── CLANDESTINE MEETINGS AND LONGING STARES!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
─── CLANDESTINE MEETINGS AND LONGING STARES!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞─── CLANDESTINE MEETINGS AND LONGING STARES!

            SATURDAY MORNINGS WERE FOR CLEANING IN THE SINCLAIR HOUSE. Destiny used to wake them to the smell of french toast and fresh strawberries. She'd brew a pot of coffee for Vincent, pour a glass of orange juice for Orion, and set the table for three. Sometimes, when the sky was clear, and she didn't feel too weary from the night before, Destiny would go into town and buy fresh pastries──apple tarts and buttery croissants. Other times, when she couldn't bear the sunlight streaming through the windows, three bowls of sugary cereal were all she could muster.

Now, without a mother to make her breakfast, Orion stayed in her bed for most of the morning. She watched as her window grew foggy and listened to the rain hissing against her roof. The rain that started the previous night had carried on into the morning, picking up once the sun rose in the sky. It was one of those days. The days when her energy was nonexistent, but she was too awake to fall back asleep. Nothing seemed to bring her comfort, not the faint pitter-patter of the rain or her fluffy white blanket. Orion wished to reside in the warmth of her bed, tightly wrapped in her duvet as the day passed, but Vincent Sinclair would never allow such a thing.

He dragged her out of bed at a quarter to nine with his rendition of California Love and the false promises of a hot breakfast, which wasn't happening until they'd cleaned most of the house. Orion opted for a shower first, gently washing her curly hair. The coldness of the water ran shivers down her back, her body aching for the more heated water, but Orion's dry hair needed the freezing water more. Afterward, she exchanged her blue towel for a pair of black shorts and a green sweatshirt and coated her damp hair with different styling products, determined to contain as much moisturizer as possible.

As Calfornia Love faded into Vincent's favorite songs from the sixties and seventies, Orion completed her morning chores. She scrubbed the bathtub and swept the bathroom, emptying the trashcan. She dusted the mantlepiece and the various end tables in the living room, only allowed to vacuum once My Girl came to an end. And after settling for a chocolate fudge pop-tart, Orion did her laundry and cleaned her room.