𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

SOMETIMES THE LONELIEST PLACE TO BE IS IN LOVE

lang leav

            ORION SINCLAIR was like the twinkling stars scattered amongst the obsidian night sky, slow dancing along the horizon

            ORION SINCLAIR was like the twinkling stars scattered amongst the obsidian night sky, slow dancing along the horizon. Her eyes could shine the brightest lights or burn the sharpest fire. Some nights her glory stayed hidden by heavy clouds of despair. Some nights she couldn't be seen at all.

She was a girl of contradiction, full of unwavering confliction. She was content in who she was, yet she didn't like herself very much. An overthinker who felt everything too intensely but desired to be thoughtless. Someone who craved attention and ached for affectionate companionship yet rejected it whenever it was near. Orion Sinclair just wanted to be happy but was far too curious in her own sadness, clouding her poor mind with sorrowful thoughts.

Orion felt as if there were two people inside her, one destined for greatness and one cursed with severe insecurities. She was a paradox, but not by choice.

It began when she was a child, the day her mother died at the hands of a reckless driver. It was the day Orion assumed she would be forever alone, too afraid to ever let anyone else in, and determined to always see the worst in everything. Perhaps it wasn't the best attitude, but at least when dreadful things happened, it didn't hurt as much.

Despite all that, Orion Sinclair was okay...sort of. Or at least she was before the notoriously curious and troublesome Stiles Stilinski decided to climb through her window and drag her into one of his many nights of mischief. Orion was just trying to get through the second semester of her sophomore year without making any C's and read at least fifty more books before the end of the year──while living in her own labyrinth of to be or not to be. Not discover that the world isn't black and white or that the supernatural was very much real.

But Stiles was determined to not be alone in this. He needed someone. He needed Orion──with her intelligence, stubbornness, and morally questionable choices. Being alone sucked, and no one knew that more than Orion and Stiles. And maybe, with plenty of persuasions, Orion could see that the Stiles Stilinski wasn't as awful as some made him out to be.