𝟎𝟐

chapter two

chapter two.
─── GOOD DAYS LIVING IN MY MIND!

            ORION NEVER LET ANYTHING GO. She clung to whatever she could, refusing to part with the feeling it left stirring inside of her. Giddy memories from her childhood, leaving her idealizing what once was. When her mother was alive, and her life appeared whole with warmth. Orion knew it wasn't healthy, reminiscing the past as an excuse to avoid the present, but she couldn't help it. Orion could mold the past into this picturesque world, perfect for escaping. Perhaps it would be the beginning of her downfall. The final nail in her coffin.

Though after the trouble she found herself in last night, she needed to think about every soft touch and gentle kiss on her forehead, filling her little mind with love. Orion cherished every moment she had with her mother. Every tedious winter and every whimsical summer. The mornings they spent making pancakes, fluffy and golden with the occasional lopsided circle. The weekends they spent in the library, consuming as much literature as possible without spending a dime. Sometimes they checked books out, although it was rare for them to find their way back onto the wooden shelves. The days spent baking triumphs of sugar and flour coated in the sweet frosting. And the nights filled with mythological stories of jealous gods and strong heroes.

Though when inviting in the past, even in the innocent task of making her broken heart feel a little less shattered, she'd opened her mind up to harsh realities. Because not all of her memories of Destiny Sinclair were pleasant. She was a person, both warm and cold, going to bed every night with the mistakes and challenges created by her mind. A woman, beaten down by unfair complexities and double standards. And a daughter drained by the cruelness of her family. Destiny vowed to never become like her mother and father. Judgemental until the day they died, never giving her a chance to blossom. Teaching her not to be kind or understanding but to be forceful and cold. As if she was a bitter winter's night come to life. She tried, but sometimes she failed.

Orion didn't like thinking about the more bittersweet moments she had with her, but she didn't have a choice. They invaded her mind, forcing her to relive the gritty remarks and nights drenched in anger. Brief moments when Orion wouldn't listen to her mother, staying out past the time the night lights come on or ignoring her chores, causing Destiny to spiral into short-lived resentment.