𝟐𝟕

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧─── HERE'S WHERE THE STORY ENDS!

─── HERE'S WHERE THE STORY ENDS!

            BEACON HILLS HAD ONCE BEEN A SLEEPY TOWN WHERE NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENED. Tucked away in the wooden terrain that was Northern California, it was the perfect suburban world to start families and live a quiet life away from the bustling city. Nevertheless, Beacon Hills would always be a quaint town, home to a couple tens of thousands of people, but things had changed. It had changed. Starting with the tragic and merciless killing of most of the Hale family and continuing with the plague of relentless animal attacks.

Perhaps death and misfortune had long been embedded in the history of the quaint town, their roots carefully intertwined. Maybe the gruesome deaths at the hands of a vengeful and broken man only awoke what was already there. Centuries worth of pain and suffering seemed to latch onto the group of teenagers following them everywhere since that fateful night.

They couldn't handle the burdens of other people's mistakes, that much Jules Stilisnki knew. And she didn't have to be supernatural to come to that conclusion. They were teenagers, some barely sixteen, and forced into a world they were never meant to be a part of. They weren't like Derek Hale. Born into a world of shapeshifting creatures and raised to rise above misery. They weren't chosen ones. They were kids torn from a simplistic life the same way Peter Hale tore through Scott's skin. Jules was supposed to be a school dance, groaning about having to wear a dress and slow dancing to depressing music──not sitting in the waiting room of the hospital anxiously wondering why Orion and Lydia weren't waking up.

But she didn't have a choice. None of them did, and they were completely and utterly fucked.

Sheriff Stilinski took a seat next to his daughter, dragging his rough hand across his face. They sat in silence for a moment, looking through the glass window at Orion as she lay there unconscious, her father pacing around the small room. "Julita, I need to know what happened out there," he sighed.

Jules tapped her foot against the ground, chewing on her fingernails. Peter Hale attacked them for no reason other than to create chaos and strife because he's a psychopath. "I already told you. I don't know," she fibbed, stressing her doubt. She looked over at him, eyebrows lowered. "Why don't you believe me?"

"Don't twist my words, Julita," Noah scolded, pointing his finger toward her. Another sigh escaped his lips, his hardened eyes softening for a moment. "I'm trying to make sense of this situation with the little information you and Jackson are giving me. I know we've had a rough couple of years...but you have to meet me halfway. You have to be honest with me."

Jules fixated her gaze back onto the window, sitting back in her chair. "They went out looking for Jackson," she revealed the only information she could, what she already assumed he knew. "I don't know what or who attacked them. I'm sorry, but I didn't see anything."