𝟐𝟐

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨─── I'D LIKE TO WALK AROUND IN YOUR MIND!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
─── I'D LIKE TO WALK AROUND IN YOUR MIND!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨─── I'D LIKE TO WALK AROUND IN YOUR MIND!

ORION'S MIND LIKED TO PLAY TRICKS ON HER. Whether that be forcing her to relive the worst moments in her mind, making her think she saw something in the corner of her room, or being too curious in her own desperately, causing her to spiral. Rarely did her mind allow her to feel normal──whatever that was. Though sometimes, when she was so engulfed in the fleeting moments of happiness, her mind let her forget the terrible things happening around her. For a short period of time, Orion wouldn't overthink the future or romanticize her past. She would immerse herself in the present without a single thing on her mind.

It was a rare occurrence, happening once every blue moon. The first was when she was a child, the day after her mom died. For a split second, when Orion woke up to the sun shining into her room and her birds chirping amongst themselves, she forgot. It wasn't until her grandmother, teary-eyed, came into her room with a pile of clean clothes did she remember she would never see her mom again.

Following being honest with Scott and Stiles for the first time, Orion felt it happen again. After their brief heart-to-heart in her bedroom, Stiles drove the three of them to a local burger joint. They did nothing but laugh, talk, and eat for hours, allowing themselves a sense of normality. And as soon as Scott gave her a recap of everything she missed, she felt her mind fall back into its pattern of paranoid thoughts and overthinking nature.

To Orion's surprise, she found out a few interesting things. For one, Derek Hale was alive. With no one hearing or seeing him since the attack on the school, she assumed he'd died from the painful wounds inflicted by the beast. Orion knew Scott was still holding onto faith, but she thought it was a lost cause. It wasn't until the night of the full moon when he revealed himself to a manic Scott McCall did they learn the truth.

Orion was glad to hear the older werewolf was very much alive and well. It was a good thing for Scott's sake, and for all of them. Even though he tended to answer their pressing questions with vague responses (that was, if he cared to answer them at all) and threaten their livelihood whenever he could, Orion would be lying if she said having him around wasn't a relief. He was the closest thing any of them had to a mentor. The only one they could turn to. And the only one who had heard of a cure, something Scott desperately wanted.