𝟏𝟗

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

─── HEED THE WARNING!

PARENTS LIVE WITHIN YOU EVEN IF THEY ARE GONE

PARENTS LIVE WITHIN YOU EVEN IF THEY ARE GONE. They remain in your heavy eyes, the pitch of your laugh, the way you say I love you──tender or incomplete. Destiny Sinclair lived in Orion's smile and the slight crinkle of her nose. She remained in how Orion loved, unconditional and uncontrollable, and in her anger, furious and justified.

Orion wondered if she also lived in her prevalent uncertainty or perhaps her pessimism. She knew her mother, but only as much as a child could.

Had her mother, like Orion, been an overthinker? Had she been prone to second-guessing and worrying about everything? Or had she been one of the lucky ones able to live outside of their head?

Everyone had flaws, little imperfect quirks about themselves that they'd give anything to change. Orion supposed her tendency to spiral over the unknown possibilities she had no control over was her biggest. She hated not knowing things──especially when those things were supernatural and put her friends in danger. That was why Orion's biggest concern and the cause for the vein popping out of her forehead was the imminent full moon.

Orion had no idea how they were planning on handling Scott's forthcoming unpredictable and destructive behavior. Werewolves were still an enigma to them, something that didn't seem to be changing. Orion had some guesses about what would happen once the moon crept out of its hiding spot. She knew the glistening moon would force Scott to shift into a bloodthirsty creature he never wanted to be. His emotions would be heightened, his abilities would be out of hand, and Allison's hunter family were itching for him to become their prey.

Orion was starting to find it horrifying and infuriating, really. How little they knew about Scott's transformation and the hunters? She wished Jules was right there with her, in the know about everything, and able to offer her comforting words, but she couldn't be. Because even after the events at the school, Stiles was still not ready to come clean to her, and Orion couldn't go behind his back. Though at least he was there──just as clueless and terrified.