𝟎𝟓

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞───NO BODY, NO CRIME!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
───NO BODY, NO CRIME!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞───NO BODY, NO CRIME!

            NIGHTS IN BEACON HILLS HAD GROWN EERIE SINCE THE DEATH OF THE WOMAN IN THE WOODS. The first half of her body served as some sort of ill omen, while the other undiscovered half haunted their minds. Some wondered if the animal had taken the other half back deep into the woods with them. Those doubted she'd ever be found. Others chose to believe a sloppy killer was at fault, only having enough time to bury one part of her before fleeing to escape the joggers. Though animal attack or not, the mystery of the woman changed the quaint town. The horizon blanketed by dark obsidian and violet shades and an elysian moon that reflected the light from its sister no longer belonged to lovers and childish teenagers. The vast darkness now belonged to the ravenous killer as it terrorized the townspeople, waiting for its next victim to stumble a little too far.

Sheriff Stilinski had instated a nine o'clock curfew on the town in hopes of protecting the residents from the beast. Few disregarded the curfew, not afraid of some mountain lion. Most took the situation seriously, refusing to leave their homes after the designated time. Even if it was for a split second. Vincent Sinclair was no exception, who──for the first time since Orion was fourteen──made it home before the moon crept out of its hiding spot.

And like the other homes in the neighborhood, the Sinclair house was quiet. It was well past the curfew Sheriff Stilinski had ordered, the next hour approaching rapidly. Vincent was fast asleep on the couch, an empty carton of Chinese food to his left and the nightly news drowning out his snores. Orion was up in her brightly lit room, sitting by her cluttered desk. She tapped her sock-clad foot along to the rhythmic beat of her faint music coming from her record player, humming softly to herself. Her newly pink painted nails were tightly wrapped around a mechanical pencil, with specs of the grey lead smudging under her hand. A deep sigh escaped her lips as she finished her English assignment, moving on to Stiles.