ღ chapter thirty-one/epilogue ღ

present day

"so papa was a mean boy?" our youngest daughter, emery asks. i turn to look at my husband who laughs a bit before nodding, "yes, i was."

"but you love him right, daddy?" our son, luke, questions me stepping closer to me. i nod, "i do. very much, actually."

luke and emery let out a giggle between the two and i smiled fondly at our little family. louis comes closer and wraps his arms around me as we watch the two blabber about the story louis and i had just told them.

the story of how their father's met and fell in love.

it was obviously cut down to save time and to not bore the children as there were tons of small details that weren't included in the version we had told them. like the first 'i love you's' we shared during the summer after our first kiss. our 'first intimate time' together because obviously those are things you don't discuss with your children- especially when your children are six and eight years old.

emery and luke had always question about how louis and i had met, and we always put it off because it was a story that not many understood.

not many understood how we could have possibly caught feelings so quick into our 'rebuilding our friendship' stage in our life together, or could understand how i could easily date my sister's ex-boyfriend and later marry him years after graduating college.

we had moved back after graduation- he had waited for me in the states and later transferring to a job back home- and he had asked me to marry him in a very unique and unforgettable way.

"what are you doing?" i can't help but laugh as louis drags me out of our small apartment complex with a blindfold around my eyes.

"just trust me, haz," he says giving me a quick kiss on the cheek while he led the way to wherever it was he was talking me. i decided to do as he says and wait until he says it's okay to take the blindfold away from my eyes.

my breath hitches as i take a sight of a bright yellow school bus parked in the parking lot of the apartment building and i look over at louis in confusion. he got me a bus?

"come with me," he says and i nod following him inside the bus that had opened up. it was when i noticed who was sitting on the driver seat that i burst out laughing.

"niall!" i exclaim and he gives me a wink adjusting the ridiculous hat he wore on his head. louis says something to him quietly that i wasn't able to hear and motions for me to follow through the aisle of seats.

i watch louis slide into a seat and i awkwardly stand there not knowing if i should sit down with him or what.

"ask me," louis then says and i tilt my head in confusion, "ask you what?"

he rolls his eyes playfully and pokes me on my stomach, very immaturely may i add, and says, "do you want to sit with me?"

realization hits me when i suddenly remember the school bus and me continuously asking him if i could sit with him. sit with the mean boy on the school bus, yeah.

i blush and agree by sitting down next to him.

he begins to talk about our life outside of college and how grateful he was to have run into me on my freshman year. he was saying how he had really messed up growing up and that we probably would have gotten together even earlier in life if it weren't for him.

i say that i was too stubborn at times though, as i do recall him trying to reach out several times throughout my teenage years. so we both agree on how we both had messed up several times throughout life.