ღ chapter seven ღ

"mommy 'aid i had to give this to the boy who gave me the doll," harry says extending his arm to hand a walnut brownie to louis on the bus the next morning.

anne had noticed the superman action figure when she went to kiss harry goodnight and asked him where he got such a toy. harry informed anne that a playground buddy had gave it to him (not mentioning it was louis as he and louis were not exactly friends and he didn't want to make it seem like they were to his mother).

so anne got up early this morning to bake a few brownies (a few for her co-workers, one for harry to have with his lunch and one to give to the nice playground buddy who gave him such a gift).

"first of all," louis says rolling his eyes, "it's not a doll. it's an action figure. and two, i don't want a brownie."

harry inadvertently pouts his lips and just takes back the brownie. if louis was gonna go back to being rude to him than he didn't deserve the delicious brownie his mother made, he thinks.

"okay," was all he says before he looks for a seat away from him. when he sits down, he decides to just put the walnut brownie anne made in his lunch box and makes a plan to give it to niall instead during lunch.

"this brownie is soooo good," niall moans as he munches on the walnut brownie.

harry smiles, pleased to see the walnut his mommy made being eaten by his friend. if louis did not want it, he's glad niall did.

"i'm 'lad you like it, ni," harry giggles eating his own brownie. he watches from afar how liam and louis talked by the playground. they didn't come up to niall and him today which kind of surprised niall but harry didn't mind. he missed when it was just him and niall.

suddenly harry was tapped on the shoulder as he finished his last bite of his brownie. he turns around and his green eyes meet with the familiar pair of eyes from the bus ride home yesterday.

"hi, li...li..an," harry waves having a difficult time pronouncing lilian's name. lilian giggled finding it cute how harry couldn't say her name.

"call me li," said the four year old wanting to make it easier for the other four year old. she semi-greets niall and then once again turns her attention to harry.

"do 'ou wanna go to my house and play?" lilian asks him. she was hoping he'd say yes as he wanted to play games with him.

harry smiles actually excited about going over to someone else's house and nods, "i 'ave to ask my mommy but 'es"

"ok!" lilian says happily. she gives a piece of paper with the address to her house (her mother had written it for her this morning after she asked her if she could have a friend over. her mother said yes of course and told her to give her friend the piece of paper with the address to the house).

"see you!" harry shouts as he waves goodbye to his friend watching as she skips away to play with her girl friends.

"ew, harry has cooties now," he then hears a familiar voice. louis.

"girls are icky," liam comments sticking his tongue out in disgust. niall nods agreeing with his friend on this one leaving his best friend to fend for himself.

"li is 'ot icky," harry says defending her.

all three (liam, louis and niall) nod their head and say the same thing, "girls have cooties."

c-cooties? what is that?, harry thinks.

louis shakes his head and grabs the piece of paper holding lilian's address and rips it into pieces in front of harry.

"no!" harry shouts trying to grab the pieces of paper. maybe his mother could put it back together, he thinks.

"it's for your own good," liam says crossing his arms, "you'll get cooties."

louis, after realizing that harry was trying to pick up the pieces, grabs them from his hand and simply stuffs the crumbled pieces into his bag. niall watches as tears start to form on harry's eyes.

he just wanted a friend. a girl friend.

"i 'on't like you," harry hiccups trying to wipe the tears that were escaping from his eyes. he then walks away, far from the group, and heads into the direction of the loo.

~

authors note:

yikes.

this chapter is all over the place lol and it's very short i'm sorry.

next chapter will be longer i promise !

happy friday ilysm.

unedited/unrevised.

july 10, 2020