ღ chapter eight ღ

louis liked being mean to harry, but he also didn't love it. 

it was complicated for his seven year old self to grasp. he was just to invested in harry from the first day he asked to sit with him in the school bus. he just looked so sweet and innocent and  louis immediately knew that he needed to toughen him up. 

he wanted to make him a little tougher so that's why he resulted in being mean to the kid. but harry didn't know that. 

harry thought louis genuinely hated him. and maybe he tried sometimes to get on his nerves on purpose but he was still younger than him. he just wanted to be treated better. 

harry hiccups as he finishes using the loo. he sighs as he washes his hands knowing that the group was waiting for him to return. he took a glance at the mirror and he noticed how his cheeks were extra pink and wet by the tears that had escaped his eyes. 

just then a gasp escapes his mouth as he is surprised by louis opening the door. he enters the room and his tiny heart drops as he takes a look at harry. was all of this worth it? this was the second time he made harry cry. 

he was beginning to wonder if it was even worth it. he felt guilty for causing harry to cry. again. 

"are...are you okay?" louis asks reaching out to harry. harry flinches and steps back mumbling, "as if 'ou care." 

"i...i care," louis says softly trying to reach out to him again. harry doesn't move this time and he closes his eyes instead when he feels louis' finger wiping his tears away. 

harry opens his eyes, fresh tears coming in, and louis is taken back by the mesmerizing green eyes and long eyelashes that harry had. he looked...he looked pretty? 

louis coughs trying to hide whatever it was that he felt and steps back. harry bites his lips and turns to face the mirror and when he glances back at louis he sees him walking out the loo. vanishing, as if he was never there. 

harry wipes his tears and washes his hands again. he dries them with a paper towel and throws it out on his way out. the bell then rang signaling the end of the lunch/recess period and he scurries into his classroom. 

he takes his seat and watches as the teacher, ms. nancy, begins to teach the class. 

soon it's discussion time where each one had to speak to each other in the table and tell them one thing they liked about the day. harry watched as his classmates who sat with him spoke about something good that happened at recess yet harry had a bad recess so he couldn't share that. 

"um...i like the food," was all harry said. he couldn't come up with anything else to say. 

louis carried a form of guilt around him the rest of the day. was harry hanging out with a girl really worth being mean to him? 

he couldn't stop thinking about harry's face. the way tears streamed down his face while he tried to caress them away. he admitted to himself that they had been maybe too mean to him. 

to try to make things up and help him feel a tiny bit better, he hurries out of the classroom when the school day is done and tries to look for a familiar face. when he spots her he runs up to her and tries to introduce himself in-between breathes. 

"i'm," he breathes, "louis," another breath, "sort of friends with harry?"

the last part being more of a question than a statement. 

"he lost your address," he left out the part where he ripped it apart obviously, "and he's been sad about it so can you give it to him again? don't tell him i told you tho." 

lilian nods and makes his way towards the bus stop where harry was waiting for his mother who would be picking him up today.

"i heard you lost my address," lilian says. 

"y-yeah," harry lies not wanting to say what really had happened. 

"is your mommy picking you up today?" she asks. he nods. 

"i'll just give her my mommy's number," she says trying to look for it in her bookbag (lilian carried it around for safety reasons). 

"she can call her and get the address again," lilian says, "and then we can just go to my house." 

but he was scared though. what would the lads think if they found out? 

"harry!" he suddenly hears. he wraps his arms around his mother and presents lilian to her. lilian smiles politely and tells her about harry coming over and if it was okay. 

"i would love it," anne beams and uses lilian's piece of paper to call lilian's mother. lilian ends up even inviting anne over so the three of them head over to her house (once lilian's mother gives her the address) and lilian and harry end up playing the whole afternoon. 

he still worried what the lads would think though. but for now, he was happy. 

hiiii, so it was one direction's 10 year anniversary a couple of days ago omg. 

i'm so proud of them ahh! 

did y'all see that louis began following harry and zayn on insta ;) omgg my zouis and larry hearttttt <3

follow my new twitter if yall want it's @ ohsweetkissy

not edited/not revised

July 25, 2020

-sarah xx