ღ chapter one ღ

"it's the big day, baby," anne smiles proudly at her four year old son. the four year old son beamed back at his mother jumping excitedly for the big day. it would be his first day of school and he was very nervous yet excited for what was to come.

"your lunch is in your lunchbox, okay honey?" she explains giving harry his power ranger lunchbox that he had begged to be bought. harry smiled knowing that he would probably forget with all the nerves and whatnot.

"can i get a hug, pwease?" harry says reaching out for his mother. anne smiled nodding leaning down embracing his little harry in her arms and planting a kiss on his cheek reminding him of how proud she was with him.

"you're so grown up, haz," she says trying to hold her tears back. harry rolled his big green eyes, "mummyyyy...."

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry," anne apologizes, "the bus should be here soon. you got everything?"

"i think," harry says nodding checking to see if he had grabbed his bag. to which he did as it was already on his back (he's forgetful).

"promise me you'll behave?" anne says holding out her pinky. harry nodded and wrapped his small pinky along with hers and shook it confirming he'd be on his best behavior.

the two then were approached by a school bus that would take harry to the next step of his life. he took one last glanced at his mother and waved a final goodbye. he smiled politely to the driver who smiled back.

"first day?" she asks the four year old. he nods, "i am harry."

"good morning, harry. take a seat anywhere, there's lots of empty seats this morning," she says motioning to the seats behind her. harry gave a nod and walked carefully to take a seat.

he ended up taking one near the back smiling to himself as he hummed his favorite nursery song while fixing his materials in his bag.

"the 'heels on the bus go 'ound and 'ound," harry whisper sang to himself.

he watched the bus get farther away from his house and to the next stop. the bus then stopped and around three new kids, all whom varied in the ages 4-7, climbed up on the bus and settled themselves at the back of the bus behind harry.

"the 'orn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep," he continued to sing quietly not trying to disturb the ones behind him. he played with his lunchbox opening it and closing it while he continued to sing.

soon after around five other stops, the bus has arrived at its last stop. harry watched carefully as the young niall horan climbed into the bus and immediately recognized him.

"niall!" he says raising his hand trying to gain his attention. the young irish boy smiles widely when he spots his playground friend and goes to sit beside him.

"you are finally going to school," he comments placing his bag on his lap. harry nods, "i am big now!"

"i don't like how i am a year bigger than you," he sighs, "we could have been together."

harry nods sadly realizing he would have to be in a classroom filled with strangers. suddenly school didn't seem all that great.

"it's okay," niall reassured him once he saw the look of panic in harry and quickly tells him about recess break.

"we can be together there. everyone has recess together," he informs the younger one. harry nods maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

it was finally recess time and like niall had said, ages from four to seven were all running around everywhere. of course it meant that harry would have his playground friend as his recess friend too now which he was happy about.

"niall!" he exclaims when he sees his best bud by the swings.

"harry! how was your first day?" he asks him. harry frowns and tells him about the seating chart to which he didn't like. he wanted to sit next to the pretty girls yet he was stuck with loud boys.

"aw that sucks," niall replies.

he then gasps, "you said a bad word!"

niall laughs saying, "sucks is not a bad word."

"uh huh, ms. nancy 'ays so," harry points out.

"i'm five. that means i can say it," niall defends himself knowing perfectly fine who ms. nancy was and automatically felt pity for harry.

"no fair! i 'anna be big too," he pouts.

"you will be. just not right now," niall laughs sticking his tongue out teasingly. harry quickly forgets about it though as he is pulled by his friend to the slides.

and the rest of his first day was a blur.

~•~

authors note:

hiii babies :') i'm back (again oops).

i LOVE making child-like larry fics and thought.. why not write another one? so here it is !!

will be updated every two days or so

leave ur opinions and/or feedback pls

> not revised and/or edited <

january 29, 2020
- sarah xx