ღ chapter thirteen ღ

louis was a nervous wreck.

he was already dressed up in his superman costume for his birthday party yet he couldn't figure out how to style his hair.

normally, he would have his mother do it but he was seven now. which meant he wanted to learn how to style his hair himself.

after half an hour of trying to figure it out, jay entered his room teared eyed as she watched her superman try to comb his hair.

"you need help, baby?" she asks.

louis scoffs, "i'm not a baby, lottie is."

jay laughs at louis' comment, "that she is."

and right on cue, the three year old walked in who is quickly picked up by her mother.

"i think it was nice that you invited that boy over," jay smiles, "harry, right? i only really know his mother but never really gotten the chance to meet him."

"yeah," louis replies putting the comb down now. he liked the way his hair was currently and smiled at himself for the good job he did.

"he's wearing the same thing i am," louis smiles. like actually smiles from ear to ear.

he's been talking about his costume to harry for weeks now and he even went with him and anne to buy the same costume as his. he was too excited to see him actually wear it.

jay noticed how happy louis got with the mention of harry. she loved seeing him happy.

"oh really?" she questions, "and why is that?"

louis shrugs and casually says, "cause why not."

"hi, thank you for coming," louis greets his guests, "hello, thank you for coming."

louis was now even more nervous. he didn't even understand why he was nervous. he thought it could be because it's his birthday. but then again, he never got this nervous for his birthday.

"hey, thanks for coming," louis says to lilian (harry's friend) as she enters louis' home with her fathers behind her.

he figured he'd invite her as harry's good friends with her.

"happy birthday louis," lilian beams handing him a gift bag.

"thank you!" he replies and watches as lilian and her fathers head over to the food table which consisted of pizza and cokes.

it seemed like harry was a no-show when the clock hit six. the party had started two hours ago yet there was no sign of harry.

niall and liam had arrived a little after lilian did and they had immediately pulled louis away from the front door to hang with him around the food table. louis constantly looked over their shoulders to see if harry was here but there wasn't a sign of him.

niall's costume of captain america and liam's costume of batman were not once commented by louis. and usually louis would have something to say about both of them. right now though, his mind was focused on the other superhero who was supposed to be here matching with him. yet he wasn't here.

and then, out of nowhere, suddenly louis spots anne walking in with him and a girl who louis recognized was from his class.

she's pretty, louis thinks suddenly. just then louis was surprised by his thoughts.

"happy birthday, louis!" harry beams ear to ear handing him a wrapped present. louis smiles when he sees harry wearing the costume they had bought together and looks over to the girl on the other side of anne who was wearing a batgirl costume.