ღ chapter eighteen ღ

"michael!" i squeal when i feel his arms tighten around me. i hear him laugh as he tried to help me get steady but it was hard. we end up both crashing down onto the floor as we laughed like a couple of weirdos.

i watch how people looked over at us, skating away perfectly and i pout wishing i could skate like that.

michael had asked me out on a first date and naturally he decided to bring me roller skating. i couldn't figure out the courage to tell him that i've never really been roller skating but i guess he figured that out when i hung onto the walls of the rink the first few minutes we got here.

he has been trying to teach me but it was like my legs had a mind of their own.

"you should have told me you couldn't skate," michael chuckles trying to pull me up to my feet. my cheeks turn pink as i mumble a sorry.

"let's ditch the rink and go watch a movie, yeah?" he offers probably wanting to be sure that his date wouldn't break his legs. because that's how it would go if we were to remain here.

i nod, happy to leave the rink of death.

when i'm finally out of the skating shoes and into my own shoes, i sigh so grateful to be back into my own shoes and i see how michael shakes his head with a laugh at my reaction.

i stick my tongue out at him and he does the same and soon enough we were just teasing each other as we made our way to the cinema which was right across the street.

he ends up picking a movie i probably would have picked myself and offers to pay for the snacks to which i debate to him about. but he settles in for me buying our drinks.

we end up grabbing the seats in the back (cause the view is obviously better from there). and i smiled at him as the pre-show (the ads or whatever people call them) start.

"you know," michael says, "i'm so glad you said yes to our date. i've been trying to ask you out for weeks now."

"i always wanted to ask you out, but i never thought you'd me into me," i respond honestly, "but i'm happy that you did. i really am."

he then takes his phone out surprising me and clicks the camera. i watch as he turns the camera into selfie mode or whatever the term is and he says, "let's take a picture, yeah?"

 i watch as he turns the camera into selfie mode or whatever the term is and he says, "let's take a picture, yeah?"

giving me yet another smile after taking the picture, i suddenly feel my leg smacked. i turn to face the person who so rudely bumped into me as there was a HUGE gap between my legs and the seat in front and was shocked to see him.

"watch where you're going," i hissed quietly.

"now is that a nice way to treat your friend?" louis smirks and then his eyes shift from mines to michael's. i turn to face michael and see how he looked at louis a bit uneasy.

"can you leave us alone?" i say rolling my eyes, "i'm in the middle of a date."

"a date?" louis now laughs, "but who would date you?"