🐍14 - Fourteen🐍 Malfoy Manor

This whole chapter will be in third person and will cover the important parts of information regarding the Malfoy family. There are a few time jumps because; 1. I don't want to over push the number of words. 2. I'm lazy to recount each and every week in repetitive detail. 3. Some events overlap with others from previous chapters. Hope you enjoy my lovelies comment and vote ❤😘...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Malfoy's were not cowards. At least that's what Lucius always told himself and his son. The truth was Lucius Malfoy was a coward. He had made a mistake in his youth and regretted it ever since. He was however too scared to face the consequences. As a result he never tried doing anything that would risk torture.

Yes Lucius was a coward, but more so he really did care about his family. His heir more specifically. He played his cards close to his chest, as a result everyone thought he only cared for status. He thought it was better that way.

For years it was. He managed to successfully protect Draco from too much scrutiny. Being the son of a former Death Eater, the Malfoy name was what protected Draco.

"Lucius?"

Lucius snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of his name. No one called him by his first name except for two people. He sighed heavily after seeing who it was. Shifting slightly in his spot he dropped his hands from under his chin and straightened his back.

"Is there something you need love?" Lucius asked with a small smile.

The most affection he ever showed was always when he was alone with his wife. Now was such an occasion where he allowed his features to do as they pleased. Narcissa walked over to him from the doorway. She placed a hand on his shoulder and he flinched.

Narcissa frowned. "What happened Lucius?"

Lucius sighed again. "He wants Draco to 'enlist' in his service."

"You said no didn't you?" Lucius nodded slightly. "So what is the problem?"

"I had to say yes eventually." Lucius whispered unable to make eye contact with Narcissa.

She knelt down in front of him and noticed, once again, the slight flinch. She took his hands in hers and waited until he looked at her. It took less than a minute for Lucius to give in. He looked at Narcissa in the eyes for the first time since she was there. The pain in his eyes told her everything.

"He used Curcio didn't he." It was a statement. "Where is Draco?"

Narcissa looked around the room expectantly. Lucius closed his eyes and shook his head. The thought of his last real conversation with his son burning his eyelids. He stood up from the bed a little unsteady.

"He must have overheard the last bit of my conversation with him. Draco was gone by the time I came here." Lucius said. "He didn't go to Blaise like I thought he would."

"What would you have done if he did?" Narcissa asked.

Lucius shook his head. "Told him to disappear. Which he seems to have done quite effectively."

Narcissa nodded. "And why have you been sitting in his room for the past 15 minutes?"

Lucius shrugged in a desperate attempt to avoid his wife's probing. She knew why he was there. Only two people knew the absolute truth about Lucius. His wife was number one on that list. Lucius offered his wife a gentle smile before kissing her cheek.

"I have to report back." He whispered glumly.

Narcissa nodded and allowed her husband to leave. She took his place on the edge of Draco's bed and sighed. She mumbled a soft, quick, "Stay safe my baby boy." before standing. Then she froze in the spot at the sound of a short yell of pain. A tear escaped her eye and she quickly removed it. She left the room closing the door and hastily made her way to the library.